Large Scale Central

Bluestone Southern Switchback Cabooses

Well after all this dialog the fact is if they are on a logging line/train they are a Crummy or Cabin car.

I think they are much better then crummy. I think them cabeese are real pretty.

Confirmed by the person himself…No humour is allowed…oh well…takes all kinds to make the World…

Andy Clarke said:

Aaron thank you, but I have had a shay for many years… Bought it up at a train show in Springfield, IL…

New in box, with metal trucks for 100 bucks… Was a steal…

Aaron, I won’t even mention the 5 or 6 Bachmann 4-6-0’s I’ve got hidden in the basement… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

David, Ossipee is actually the town’s name in NH where I have some property…

your holding out on me. you don’t need that steam stuff, best end it out to pennsyltucky :slight_smile:

Rick Marty said:

Well after all this dialog the fact is if they are on a logging line/train they are a Crummy or Cabin car.

I already said that and it should have a flashing red light on the end as it’s a modern logging line

I can imagine with all that beautiful property to work with a line running all the way back to the far reaches ending in a patch of 400 - 500 dwarf Alberta Spruce trees where the logs would be harvested and loaded onto large modern style freight cars. Of course the line would need a passing siding or two. Those trains would go to the sawmill and then the finished lumber would be loaded onto modern centerbeam cars . A small yard would be at the mill to hold your fleet of loaded and empty cars. I know i’m dreaming but it would be cool. And your caboose would need a flashing red light .

And your caboose would need a flashing red light .

Why? Logging railroads didn’t always follow all the rules of the mainline railroads. A red flag would be good enough for some logging railroads, and others didn’t even bother with that formality.

No reason Dave , I just like the look of the flashing red light as it fades away after the train passes.

Jane,

I love the color! I have a battered old LGB caboose I keep threatening to “improve” as my first real overhaul of a stock piece of equipment. I had been decidedly dull in my thinking about colors, so this was quite inspirational!

Aloha,

Eric