Large Scale Central

Bluestone Southern Sept 2016 Ops weekend

I noticed that the beer in the picture is Budwiser . No offence to Bud lovers by mine has to be Miller Light or Corrona with a lime.

Mike, and others;

Ever since the Garden Railroad convention in Chicago (1999), the bheer of choice for Garden Railroaders (As voted on at that convention, unanimously) is “J.W.Dundee Honey Brown”, brewed by the Dundee Brewery of Rochester New York.

So, get rid of that swamp water and get with the flow…Garden/Model Railroaders can’t all be wrong. !!

Don’t take my word for it…

Ric Golding was there, and can vouch for the vote…!!

Fred Mills

Fred Mills said:

Mike, and others;

Ever since the Garden Railroad convention in Chicago (1999), the bheer of choice for Garden Railroaders (As voted on at that convention, unanimously) is “J.W.Dundee Honey Brown”, brewed by the Dundee Brewery of Rochester New York.

So, get rid of that swamp water and get with the flow…Garden/Model Railroaders can’t all be wrong. !!

Don’t take my word for it…

Ric Golding was there, and can vouch for the vote…!!

Fred Mills

I was there and do vouch for what Fred says. However, the part of Garden/Model Railroaders being right or wrong, most of the time like a good/bad politician, we can usually argue either side of the argument to just keep the conversation going.

To keep this thread from being totally derailed - Now to get back to the proper subject, being this weekends ops and Andy and Jane’s. There was a good turn out of Operations oriented people. Two days of good running, with few equipment or track problems. The new trackage at Okawville is great. The freight storage tracks in Blufield Yard were tweaked with larger turnouts and works flawlessly. Aaron Loyet brought over Dave Master’s new Box Cabs and they were test run. These are going to be quite the units.

The humidiity was high and Andy said he couldn’t control that. Jan, the yardmaster at Blufield complained of the temperature in the basement and stepped outide to warm up. Sheeeesh!

I imagine pictures will follow as time allows.

I just wanted to say thanks to Andy and Jane for the hospitality. Such great people. Everybody there was great. I had an amazing time as usual and can’t wait to get back.

I have a video I made that I will post in a bit. I also have several pictures I’ll get around to posting sometime today.