Large Scale Central

Holiday Open House on Redwood Creek and Tallulah Ridge RR

Crews have been busy applying the Christmas overlay to the town of Little Paddocks on the Redwood Creek and Tallulah Ridge Railroad. Much work is still yet to be done in order to ready everything for it’s official 1st Annual Holiday Open House December 1st and 2nd. The mission is to get young and old alike excited about the hobby and to spread a little good cheer!!

Richard

1-Foot Joe is pretty good with the old hammer!!

Really getting into the season!

Richard Mynderup said:

1-Foot Joe is pretty good with the old hammer!!

He does pretty good climbing a ladder to get on the roof, too…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-sealed.gif)

I am hoping to make it over to your open house! I have been following the rrebuild with interest and hope to see the finished product!

Due to a forecast of rain we are cancelling today’s open house. However, tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful and will be open from noon to 4:00 PM. Lot’s of hot cider, holiday cookies…and of course trains!! Also raffling off a brand new Lionel “Polar Express” ready to run train!!

Richard

Last weekend was the grand opening of our Redwood Creek and Tallulah Ridge Railroad in quite the holiday fashion. Unfortunately we had to cancel our Saturday open house due to rain. But Sunday was a beautiful day to run trains. We had a good turn out and have rescheduled our Saturday open house for Saturday December 29th from noon - 3pm

Here are some pics of our day…

We raffled off the Lionel Polar Express and had Scout popcorn and my wife’s book (the inspiration for the railroad) for sale.

We had a fun scavenger hunt for the kids…they had to find hidden things that were placed all over the railroad.

The Bell Ranch…Laurence looking over things.

Getting ready to install interior lights in the buildings…

After the open house the snow began to settle even more on the Little Paddocks train station…a chilly night for sure.

I told my daughter and they sound excited to have a second chance to see it.