Large Scale Central

WTB Bachmann flats and gons for my wedding

I’m trying to make a cupcake display train for my upcoming wedding (April 7th). I already have a loco, caboose, and one Bachmann gondola (big haulers scale…1:22.5).

We don’t want to spend a lot of money to make up this train, seeing as I’m going to spray paint everything anyway. So I’m looking for far from mint condition cars. But finding any gondola or flat on the cheap has been difficult, especially with shipping on ebay.

So I thought maybe try here and see what you’ve all got and are willing to part with.

The gondola I already have is this car:

So that’s why I’m looking for more Bachmann cars to match.

Hope you can help.

Best way to contact me is email:

[email protected]

or phone:

(714) 329-8535

How many are you looking for?

And do they need to be Bachman?

Hi Dave, good to hear from you.

I’m looking for around three flats and 1 - 2 more gondolas

They don’t have to be bachmann, but hoping for same 1:22.5ish scale

Matt, I PM’d you

Congratulations on your wedding, Matt!

Michael Kirrene said:

Congratulations on your wedding, Matt!

Thanks Michael

Here’s a pic Megan and I took for our engagement photos (at Disneyland):

Congrats Matt…

Wedding in CA, or at the lake?

I could whip out several of my flats and Gons that I used for the Mik challenge ( I have most all the wood cut already) if those would work. I could " LOAN " you trucks to put under them. It would be real easy to hook up for delivery if the wedding is at the cabin.

Dave

Matt,

Sent a email.

Craig

Matt, I have what you want and am in the Orange area. If you want to borrow them, great. If you want to keep them, I’ll remove the metal wheels and Kadees and give you plastic replacements. They have been weathered and include removable loads and there are probably ~7 or more.

Why not make up your own using bits of wood or better yet get a length of plastic wood say a 1x4x8 and you could cut a bunch of 15"-18" long pieces from that, rob trucks off the cars you have and there you have your cupcake train.

I’m sure that most people at the wedding are not fine scale modellers like you Matt and most would see the cupcake train and say “cute” then stuff their faces.

Dave Taylor said:

Congrats Matt…

Wedding in CA, or at the lake?

I could whip out several of my flats and Gons that I used for the Mik challenge ( I have most all the wood cut already) if those would work. I could " LOAN " you trucks to put under them. It would be real easy to hook up for delivery if the wedding is at the cabin.

Dave

Wedding out in CA, Laguna.

I appreciate the offer and help , but since we’re doing this out in CA it’s probably easier to stick with simple plastic cars to paint.

Todd Brody said:

Matt, I have what you want and am in the Orange area. If you want to borrow them, great. If you want to keep them, I’ll remove the metal wheels and Kadees and give you plastic replacements. They have been weathered and include removable loads and there are probably ~7 or more.

Super nice looking trainset Todd. Since we’ll be painting the cars in metallic colors I’d hate to mess up your great trainset. Way too nice for what we’re doing.

Todd Haskins said:

Why not make up your own using bits of wood or better yet get a length of plastic wood say a 1x4x8 and you could cut a bunch of 15"-18" long pieces from that, rob trucks off the cars you have and there you have your cupcake train.

I’m sure that most people at the wedding are not fine scale modellers like you Matt and most would see the cupcake train and say “cute” then stuff their faces.

Unfortunately I don’t have enough time to make cars, too close to crunch time. Worse, all of my spare G scale trucks etc…are out at our place in Colorado. We’re in California now and getting married in CA.

But the good news is I think we have enough cars now thanks to the great support and help I’ve gotten from forum members.

We understand Matt.

You currently have other things on your mind!

Did you work this out? I think I may have a box of Bachmann flats

Michael Moradzadeh said:

Did you work this out? I think I may have a box of Bachmann flats

As far as gondolas go we should be set now. However I haven’t found any flats yet. A box would be interesting.

Train is taking shape…but too cloudy/cold to paint the gondolas today: