Large Scale Central

Cheap whistle finally done

Well I finally sorted out my errors and have some successful stand alone whistles.

I seem to be having problems with uploading pics, not happened before so here are the instructions:

You will need for each whistle 1 x Talking Cube from www.talkingproducts.com and 1 x Turnigy relay controlled switch from www.hobbyking.com , they are both really cheap and good delivery. You may also wish to replace the supplied speaker with something more substantial it will make a lot of difference.

Ok, first off record your chosen whistle on the cube, either by the inbuilt mic or by the mini jack. Once done remove the batteries and take the cube apart. Unsolder the micro switch on the board and solder the two leads from the Turnigy switch in it’s place. Replace the batteries, connect the Turnigy switch to a spare channel on your receiver and the job’s a good 'un.

Installation into your loco will depend on the space available, one of the pics shows one of mine in a Connie tender but with a bigger speaker.

Pros: Cheap and fun to do, unlimited choice of whistles as you choose what to use.

Cons: Only 20secs recording time and you cannot re-trigger the whistle until the 20secs has elapsed. The supplied speaker is pretty c**p and replacing it with something more meaty on a good baffle is really worth while.

Regards

David