Large Scale Central

Trackside Details Web site

I do not know how many of you use Trackside Details products but this info is or those who do. David Sciacca, the owner of Trackside Details sent me this in reply to my difficulty accessing his web site. F Y I

Thanks for taking the time to email me. The website has been down for at least 3 months now. I have always had problems with the guy who host it, but this is the worst. I think he just doesn’t want to do it anymore but does not have the decency to tell me this, he just keeps making excuses. I am now working on a whole new website which I hope to get up in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully this one will look a little better. I’m going to try to start the photography today (237 items), already have a guy lined up local to set it all up for me. He is going to set this up so that I can have access to it to add new items or correct mistakes, or even add to the descriptions such as measurements. I am and always have still been in business, but with the website being gone, I fear many think I am not. Thanks again for taking the time to check in with me, hope to do more business with you in the future…David

It’s tough enough crafting up and mass producing the products. However then adding them to a website marketplace is twice as much work in my honest opinion. I personally have never purchased from them as I have no use for what they manufacture but very aware of the wonderful product they offer.

I wish him luck with the change over

Joe, please keep us posted.

Great news indeed

I have used man, many of their detail parts through the years.

Good to know they will still be around in the future.

Thanks for the information Joe. I’ve used a lot of David’s parts over the years and actually tried his web site several weeks ago because I needed some parts and it was gone. Nice to know he’s still in business.

That is good news indeed, as it has previously been reported on another forum that they were out of business. I have bought a few items from them once, but planned to buy more whenever I get around to doing more scratched or kitbashed rolling stock.

Are there any existing dealers that have stock for sale ? I have an need for several parts now for a project in the works . Thanks

Caboose Hobbies has them listed. Or maybe you could email David at Trackside Details

Joe,

I would recommend that David handle his web hosting a bit differently than you are suggesting he is currently doing. My personal sites are on a hosting service that I pay for and control access to. The club I belong to controls the hosting services, but I have access as the web master for the club. My recommendations are to have David purchase the hosting services himself in the business name (Godaddy is very reasonable and reliable). Then contract a web programmer to do the programming. This keeps David’s control of the files, and most hosting services also keep a back up of the files, although I would recommend David also keep a copy of any files (ie. pictures or specific text) that he provides the programmer.

Bob C.

This just popped up, so things are looking better.

http://www.tracksidedetails.com/

Until his website is up and running again for those of you who wish to order parts and know your Trackside Detail part numbers or descriptions you can contact David at [email protected] and place an order via email. Just F Y I

Until his website is up and running again for those of you who wish to order parts and know your Trackside Detail part numbers or descriptions you can contact David at [email protected] and place an order via email. Just F Y I

i think Joe is really trying to get his point across

You can say that again… and again … etc.