Large Scale Central

Sad news for GN fans

Word around the campfire is that BNSF is going to scrap BN 972514, a GN snow dozer on account of a rusted center sill. This machine was built in the late 1960’s and I think was the last of the GN builds to come out of the St. Cloud shops before BN took over. This particular dozer has been stationed at Skykomish,Washington for most of its life. The rumor is that BNSF will be replacing the aging Snow Dozer fleet with Jordan Spreaders for snow removal. Anyone that is a diehard GN fan will understand the significance of this.

The motivation for building a working model just increased exponentially.

For those of you who don’t know what these machines look like.

And finally the short lived stickers… Even the teeth got painted over. :frowning:

Ironic that BNSF would scrap this Dozer when it went through an extensive rebuild only a few years ago (okay maybe 5-8 years ago, but that’s pretty short for something that was built on 12/66).

There is some effort being made to add it to the museum in Skykomish. I hope they are successful.

Steve Featherkile said:

There is some effort being made to add it to the museum in Skykomish. I hope they are successful.

We’ll see what happens. All I’ve heard/read so far is people trying to get a hold of Gus M. at BNSF to see what BNSF will consider. Personally I think it would look great next to the SD9 already up at Sky! Display it with one set of side wings open? :smiley:

This is in Skykomish? Is it still around. I wold love to see it. Isn’t Skykomish where they have several trains on display?