Large Scale Central

Backgrounds

while i am stuck with my river landscape, i am painting another background for a cattle town.

just for starters:

Ok fine… One question Korm? I don’t think I’ve ever seen thro’s type of bottles of paint that looks like beer bottles… Who makes them and what kind of paint are they?

Other question is… Is this a test to say what the back ground is going to be… lol… Need more clues…

oh man! what are you northerners drinkin??

i bought them as tempera/acryl paints… whatever that is supposed to be.
made in: (from left to right)
Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Mexico, Peru.

i like them. they are forgiving. even after being dryed out completely i can erase or merge them by just using water.
when a section is done, i fix it (a little) with cheap hairspray and start praying, that the housemaid never gets the idea to clean them with a wet rug.

as to your other question, a friend of mine (southafrican) sat today, looked some time at it and asked me if these are meant to be tombstones…

for me, i see three false front wild west buildings, two log cabins at the back and in the middle a barn with “Oshkosh, my gosh” written on it.

seriously now:
for one the paint looks better, if i make a dark ground first and then paint brighter colors on that.
once these buildings and some vegetation are done, i will make some flat modells and glue them to the background.
in front of all that comes one row of 3 dimensional modelled buildings.
(a good reason to start thinking about finishing the hotel i started making for the 2011 contest…)
in front of that a mainline and siding.
in front of that the corrals and cattle ramps.

oh, btw the sculpey came today! no more reason not to make the milkmaid.

Neat stuff on your paints assortments… You are lucky to be able to use any paint you want. Here in Calif. environment laws, we are only aloud to use crap paint… Like on our cars. Paint fad, chips off or just show the prinmer in a few yrs. lol

Anyway we are watching to see what you do with the background…

On Hotel, that’s sounds great with the mainline siding with in front of a corral, but no place for my Milk Maid to be around there… . hehehehe… She is mine.

in that section there would be no room for that fat girl.
it is only three foot from front to background.

yeah, we still get the good stuff.
i can still get DDT against termites and kreosote for woodpreservation.

Korm Kormsen said:

Does that question pertain to me as well?

David Russell said:

Korm Kormsen said:

Does that question pertain to me as well?

if you recognize one of the above paint containers for a beer bottle - definitely YES!

it is disturbing. the more i am retired, the less time i got.

sometimes i wonder, who did all these Darling-do thingies, when i was still out of the house working…

so, as there has been no big progress, i will post some small progress:

Korm Kormsen said:

it is disturbing. the more i am retired, the less time i got.

sometimes i wonder, who did all these Darling-do thingies, when i was still out of the house working…

Boy do I hear that… Kind of wish I was back working again… laf. By the time I get the coffee on feed the inside animals, outside animals and litter box. It over an hr. before I get them done and then find out something is broke again or have to go shopping/ Geo. store.
I was thinking, Retired is sleeping in, breakfast in bed, wandering around with the animals and run trains in the yard and take an afternoon nap before dinner… hehehehe.
Boy that was a dream… hehehe…

a week of visiting family has ended. back to normal.

the advertising is done.
(the additional line was not painted, because the painter died in a gunfight)

i know, it is not very accurate, but under the newly invented 20 foot rule it should pass inspection.
at least i think i caught the feeling or idea of a barn with an ad.

now i spoilt it by some crude weathering.

Korm,

That weathering looks just fine.

Korm Kormsen said:

now i spoilt it by some crude weathering.

(http://kormsen.info/landscape/background/bilder/background24.JPG)

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/noelw/Smilies/2eatingpopcorn.gif)

Both looking good…
Barn look good weathered like that.

"Nice to see how that Milk Maid gal was made before she started eating pastries. lol "

I still haven’t got to my back drop yet. I’m going to have to lay down some 2x8’s to lay on to do some stuff like you suggested… It would take a lot of work to get that stuff off the building now… sniff… I messed up huh… lol…
I like the Mt. one you show me. Maybe do a barn like yours mail pouch one, maybe out in the distance on my back drop. Just have to paint it in place.

Nice work on yours.
(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/noelw/Smilies/Dr%20Pepper.gif)

the buildings are done.

only thing left is some desert vegetation.

well, nothing new in this post.

i am just trying to get my different postings organized, to fit better into the new “indoor” section.
so here, without text the pics of the background which i made before the one above.

It’s coming along very nicely.

Nicely done, but I think “less is more”. Cut back on individual detail and more blended suggestion of distance. Of course, this is a statement made by someone unwilling to go to that degree of detail. Impressive!

is watching

Ric, that degree of detail?? in my book that was sloppy work.

Sean, who the h… is that?

(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-yell.gif)… Korm You never heard of Bob Ross !

https://www.youtube.com/user/BobRossInc