Large Scale Central

Open house at the Rio Grande Southern of NH

It has been a busy summer, and i finnally got my big bridge #45a finished, and temporarily installed, with a new connector to the Barn (Lizard Head and Rico)

With That done i would like to invite my fellow Large scalers in New England to an open house, Nov, 3rd, rain date Nov. 4th. I am located in the south west corner of New Hampshire, with easy access from Rt 2, I-91, Rt 10 and 119. Guest locomotives are welcome. I have a min 5’ radius and #5 turnouts on 250 rail. battery power only. Please RSVP via E-mail for directions and hours of operations.

Good grief! That’s a lotta lumber in that bridge. Nice job!

I’m having an open house this weekend. Oct. 27th.

Wow really nice bridge.

Nice! Do you have plans on “back-filling” the ground under it?

Love the look of a high trestle!

Wow thats a great looking trestle. Do you have some shots of the rest of the track??

Another shot of the trackage out in the yard. The layout is point to point and starts at Ridgeway in my basement, ends at Rico in the barn. All the indoor trackage is handlayed.

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/rgsnh/C19041s.jpg)

The trestle will be back filled after it is lowered somewhat. currently on a 3-1/2% grade. there is one further section to built and that is the Opher/trout lake section, hopefuuly will get that done next season.

Ken,

I lost track of how many cedar 2 x 6’s I cut up, five to six I think, plus some that was recycled from other projects, the sawdust pile was something else also.

Al Pomeroy said:
Ken,

I lost track of how many cedar 2 x 6’s I cut up, five to six I think, plus some that was recycled from other projects, the sawdust pile was something else also.

I can imagine. I just finished putting up cedar tongue and groove paneling on the porch and had to mill my own moldings. The pile filled a 40 gallon trash bag…:wink:
(not to mention a 1/2" pile of dust on all the trains)

Good luck with the open house!

Looks great!

-Kevin.

Nice work.

Nice pair of trestles

Great trestle when would you like to come out here and build me one too!!! LOL Really nice!!! I have a 6ft. one I purchased several years ago, but never installed it yet!!! Regal

A most impressive trestle! Very nice. I love the structure (your barn?) behind the trestle too.

Thanks for all the kudos on the trestle, I hope to post some of my construction techniques soon in the track/trestles forum.

I need a head count for Saturday, have yet to hear from some of the usual suspects. Expected to be about 50 deg. outside and partly cloudy, but much of the layout I.E. yards are indoors.

Al - I’m not going to be able to make it. We are still without power and not expected to get it back before Monday. I need to stay home to fuel the generator to keep my food cold and butt warm. That and I blew my travel budget on generator gas :frowning: I hope you have a good turn out and have some fun. Next time !

Open House is canceled, very few responded to tell me that they could not make it for one reason or another.

I will try to schedule another in the spring with more lead time.

Jon, hope you get power back soon.

Thanks Al - Sorry your plan didn’t work. Like I said, you are on my way to my son’s in Keene, so I’d definitely like to get up there. Spring sounds good.

We got power back yesterday afternoon. Thanks!

Very nice bridges!
No, OUSTANDING.

There are only a few others of 45A in 1:20.3.

Please put me on the list for your next open house.

I am curious what you used for plans.
I see 45A in the first pic, and, I think, Butterfly in the 2nd.
I have the full 12 volume set of the RGS Story, so if the plans are there I have them.
My Ophir volume III is coming apart at the seams I’ve looked at it so much!

Thanks for the invitation, even if the party did not take place.

Don, I used the plans in RGS vol #3. by knowing a few key dimensions and the attached scale I was able to make an accurate paper scale in my cad program. followed by a 3d model

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/rgsnh/BRIDGE45A.JPG)

Then I made sutable full size templates. At some point I will do a detailed build in Track and Trestles Forum when I have time.