Large Scale Central

Inherited stuff

That usually happens when there is a death, right? In this case it was the death of two 'puters and I inherited the remains. Cleaned up the HDD and then test run the first, was behaving for a while, but then conked out to the “Blue Screen of Death” too often. Good for parts.

Cleaned the other “dead machine” and it behaves very nicely; 2.11G AMD processor, 1G ram, 500G HDD running XP SP3. It is now my MRR 'puter sitting on the bench in the garage ready to be interfaced with all the good stuff that is planned and/or already in house.
All this free of charge and a bit of work added in.

HJ, your SWMBO will (should) be impressed. Her Train husband/nut/nerd/dork had a thrifty moment. :slight_smile:

I recently “inherited” my very first GPS Sat Nav. I am an old time map and street directory reader but I can appreciate the convenience of a Sat Nav.
Actually “inherited” is probably the wrong word. It actually came from my sister who could not figure out how it works. Neither could I at first, until someone savvy with Sat Nav machinations showed me how. I don’t do instruction books very well. Especially abbreviated ones where the (so called) “full” website no longer exists.
Anyway between two of us we got it working very well. Except for one thing. The maps etc are woefully out of date. As are the speed limit warnings. I have no way of updating them for the aforesaid reason, so I will probably pass it on to someone else and get myself an up to date one.

Randy,

She’s the one who “sourced” the bodies. Since I resurrected a few other ones, she was reasonably sure I’d make fine use of what was “junk”. :slight_smile: :smiley: :lol: But I run the suggestion by her and check for reaction. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Randy McDonald said:
HJ, your SWMBO will (should) be impressed. Her Train husband/nut/nerd/dork had a thrifty moment. :)
Did you forget 'geek'?:lol: