Large Scale Central

Northlandz Train program/RFDtv

Last night they showed an episode of Northlandz (worlds largest ho scale rr) On I Love Toy Trains episode on RFDtv. Just saw a brief portion of it, will watch tonight. If you can catch it WOW~~~~!!! The Regal

I have been to Northlandz. Its a pretty amazing place. The owner was there the day of our visit playing one of his pipe organs (his other passion) in the center hall.

-Brian

I havent viewed the video yet but looked from what just little bit I saw it was great! Will post a follow up comment after viewing but i expect it to be spectacular!

I went through my pics of the trip -

slide show - http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/altterrain/northlandz/?albumview=slideshow

album - http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/altterrain/northlandz/

-Brian

Thanks for the pictures Brian.
Some great bridges. Is it just me…the layout seems to come across as “stark” and a bit “lifeless”.
I know sometimes photos don’t do the subject justice. I have noticed this in some of the layouts I have photographed.
Ralph

Ralph Berg said:
Thanks for the pictures Brian. Some great bridges. Is it just me.......the layout seems to come across as "stark" and a bit "lifeless". I know sometimes photos don't do the subject justice. I have noticed this in some of the layouts I have photographed. Ralph
Maybe you're just like me Ralph. I have become totally biased towards outdoor railways. Indoor model railroads just don't have the same interest for me anymore. I think the scale of Northlandz makes it like you're flying over a landscape.

-Brian

Have been there with family about a year ago. It is a really different walking tour; starting on the 1st floor, then middle at the 2nd, then the 3rd or top of the mountains. The entire building is the RR and awesome handmade bridges, scenery and operation.

Not impressed. Large, yes. Substance, could be a whole lot better. Someone had alot of money and a place to work. But they lacked imagination.