Large Scale Central

Aristo Classics

I have been a Delton fan for years, having purchased a few back when Delton was in business.
Recently I have purchased some Aristo Classics.
This week I dug them out and started to convert the units to KD’s and Sierra Wheels.
Out of 10 cars or so:
All, and I mean all of them had split truck bolsters on one end or both. (Never a split bolster on the Deltons.)
Those Chinese drive the bolster screw in so hard that it splits the bolster. What happens when this occurs? Well, the bolsters expand and therefore tighten up in the truck mounting hole.
I had to enlarge all the affected truck holes, and then I delicately and loosely re-screwed the trucks back on.
Sheeesh…
jb

Hmmm… some of those probably came from me and I know I had the trucks off a few of them, Don’t remember noticing any cracks.

Easy fix - Fishing line and CA glue. Wrap the line tight around the stud and tie off then cover with CA glue. Paint when dry. This was TOC’s fix (without the paint) for the cracked USA axle gears.

I know, it sure would be nice if we didn’t have to fix new stuff.

They were not from you, Jon.
These was from various mail-order houses.
I’ve never seen them in stock at any train store that I’ve been to.
j

Thanks. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were, just hadn’t noticed anything.

Do you still want me to update my “available” list. I forgot about your email until I saw this post.

I have seen that problem on any of my Aristo Classic stock but most of mine is older equipment. If this is a problem just on recent stock your should let the Aristo guys know about it so they can correct it.

-Brian

Any Classic cars purchased now are old stock. The classic line has not been run in several years and is only going back into production now. No “new” cars are available yet.

George

This is a problem with Aristos new production cars also. Have had brand new out of the box with split bolster. Later RJD

R.J. DeBerg said:
This is a problem with Aristos new production cars also. Have had brand new out of the box with split bolster. Later RJD
The guy on the end of the line who screws on the trucks was told to make sure the screws didn't back out during shipment. They are tweaking him as we speak. He just needs a little adjustment of the supinators of his right arm.

It’s also the cheap brittle plastic that they are made out of.
NEVER, NEVER a split bolster on my collection of LGB cars.
And I think I recall one on my USA cars.