Large Scale Central

Farthest North LS, Phase III, Klondike Mines Railway

This section is not available at this time.

This section is not available.

I have seen a lot of great narrow gauge railroad prototypes over the years–almost all of them through the internet, particularly the LS forums of which I subscribe to two, including this one. The KMR is among the most appealing of any of them, not just in terms of features, such as the three towns, two rivers, numerous creeks, extensive, on-going mining sites (the mining begins at the mouth of the Bonanza Creek and continues to the headwaters of Eldorado Creek, which is most of it, and the rolling stock (yet to be specified here), but also because the KMR at 30 miles is an almost ideal size for including many of the significant features without losing the historic sense of it. Another wards, it is possible to model this railroad and end up with a model that is almost instantly identifiable for the real historic one which existed a century ago. In addition, as near as I am able to determine, the KMR is virgin territory in the LS world. If it has been modeled in this scale, I have not been able to find it anywhere on line. Thus, I will have yet another modeled railroad line which is unique, but REAL.

This is to be no fantasy railroad. The model will be, as close as practical, a true representation of history. I am thrilled at the prospect.

THIS ARTICLE IS DISCONTINUED

One of four surviving locomotives on display at Dawson City–three are KMR and one is from the Yukon-Detroit Mining Company.