Large Scale Central

Tell your story

The Articles section of LSC is a perfect way to relate what you are modeling or simulating in your model railroad world. This is also a great place to back up a lot of “important” railroad data and pictures about your own empire.

I appreciate those that are taking the time to write up a “how to” article or relate a story or memory. Many times something starts as a simple write up in the Forums and if just left there it will eventually get lost in the shuffle.

This is a great place to preserve those writings and pictures.

THANKS for SHARING.

Just as soon as I figure out how one logs in!

Its difficult to see. It is the small tab upper right hand corner outside the box, marked “Write an Article”. Just like search is on the title pages of the Forums. This is truely a statement of looking outside the box. I don’t think Bob is that cruel, I think it is a canned program. However, I do think he enjoys the struggle. What till you get to the game of “Hide and Show” just bass ackwards to what you would think. Bart told me it builds character. I don’t believe him.

The box for posting will hold more than it will accept. I found that I can’t go outside the box and expect my info to be recorded. Fill the box, only, save your stuff and go on to the next page.

Ric, flapping his jaws in the breeze, muttered:
“Bart told me it builds character.”

I have to agree…just look at Bart…a real character…! :smiley:

Yeah well, I don’t worry about character building, so far it tells me that it sent me the password, tells me to which address … only problem … that email never arrives.

Meantime I’m trying to figure out why it wouldn’t accept the usual username and password, but I’m not trying very hard. Busy working on projects! :slight_smile:

For me, it is the same username and password. Bob or Bart should be able to straighten it out.

Ric,

That’s what I figured, tried again and it worked. Don’t ask which “incorrect” key I hit. :frowning:

HJ,

“Don’t ask which “incorrect” key I hit”

I don’t have to ask. I do it all the time - its called “the wrong one”. My confuser is finally getting smart enough, it corrects my common spelling mistakes, and I make a lot of them. Learnin to spell and read by phonetics as screwed up a hole generation. :wink:

Ric Golding said:
HJ,

“Don’t ask which “incorrect” key I hit”

I don’t have to ask. I do it all the time - its called “the wrong one”. My confuser is finally getting smart enough, it corrects my common spelling mistakes, and I make a lot of them. Learnin to spell and read by phonetics as screwed up a hole generation. :wink:

Ric,

But … But … But my login is so uncomplicated aka simple … ah well. We didn’t learn by phonetics or … hmmmm I don’t remember that, too long ago. :wink: :smiley:

Anyway, thinking about the history of “my” railway. Back in 1989 - the centenary of the RhB - we were on this “100 hours of RhB” trip and there were a lot of railfans on that trip. Invariably talk gets around to “what do you model?” and so it was that day, standing in a big field with a panorama view of the rail line I was kibbitzing with two German guys. The one models everything from the 1800s to present (I run what I like!) the other has it tied down to post WW2, me (with tongue firmly in cheek) “We model the Albulaline between Thusis and Filisur on August 4th 1969, but we haven’t decided yet if it’s AM or PM”.
The replies illustrated that “tongue in cheek” is not in the German arsenal. :wink: :slight_smile: :smiley: :wink: And of course that was prior to my 'puter days.