Large Scale Central

Dallee Dual Mars Light

Okay I saw the single mars light and said wow, but wait a second. That was on the F unit from USA trains and while it was nice, I run SP and SP engines, and those SP EMD and even GE and Alco units ran dual mars lights, so what’s a desperate SP fan and railroader to do? I let my fingers do the walking and when I called Dallee I got a very nice gentleman there. We talked railroad for almost a half hour and finally I told him what I needed. He didn’t have a dual mars light and all of a sudden I felt like well, gee, not swell, and a few moments of silence before he came back and said. Let me see about making a dual mars light. My jaw dropped and like my whole world brightened at least with SP engines running mars lights on my garden railroad tracks. He told me that the dual mars light would be around 25 to 30 dollars. Than I placed the order for three of those suckers, and a week later they came in the box. I cracked the box open, and got to work on my USA GP-30. My first run I took my time and found out that USA Trains products from China are wired chaotically, welcome to more China made products, huh. Black wire on positive, green wire on negative, was the board misprinted or was this a cheap trick by a few Chinamen to laugh at my (for real) smoking engine, cause my first attempt the darned thing started smoking bigtime, in fact the back end bulbs were really smoking, never mind the smoke generator, and talk about burnt plastic. That sucker still smells.

Well I decided to take it all apart again, got the body off rewired the Dallee lights and now I have my mars ligh, though the back lights no longer function, but I can oder new led’s and rewire those. What this means that all of you who want dual mars lights, Dallee will make them for you. The price I got charged was $27.95 per light set. I have not tried putting these into Aristo units as of yet, but am looking forward to maybe wiring them into the future Aristo SP SD-9’s when those come out unless they have factory dual Mars lights. Also the future Aristo GP40’s when those are available. The part number to order these from Dallee is #547 and they are two T1 (3mm) white Led’s. Hope you all have better luck on the first try, but in the end it adds another step of realism to your railroading and makes your engines more prototype. Good luck…oh and Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah or Happy Holidays too!

It’s great to hear of a supplier providing such excellent service, listening to the customers and giving them what they want!

Yeah, most of SP’s engines ran dual Mars lights up till around the early 90’s when they started tacking whatever they needed atop their engines, so having a true dual mars light is rather significant.