Large Scale Central

More Ridge Road Praise!

Today I ordered a few things on the phone, after checking prices online…I was in need of 2 things…an Aristo/Dallee U25 Sound Card, and a Big Hauler Gondola…for a special Birthday surprise for my Eli (bday in July).

I knew that the Sound Card was a little higher priced at RR than other dealers, but bought from them anyways…their service thus far has been stellar!

Debra took the call, and the order for the S Card, the Gon…well I didn’t have a Part #, and had no idea which one they had or which one I wanted…so she transfered me over to Gary in trains…and he walked me through their on-hand stock, and we came to an agreement that the C&S would work…he then took the number over to Debra and she finished the transaction with the Visa…since all was in stock, she said it would prob ship today! Nice…

This eve when I log on to my Outlook…there it is, a UPS tracking number from RR Station, est delivery of the 12th…Nice!

So it cost me a few more bucks, so what…they were helpful, kind, generous with their time, and had the product in stock…just like the website said!

So there you go, yet another great RRS Transaction!

I share this for all the Newbies who come on asking where to shop…they give me nothing for my note here, just continued Great Service!

Cale

and you new folks may want to call whomever you are shopping before you order…to check stock, it will take away from the discouragement of a misplaced hope that something is in the mail! my $0.02
[:D]

These folks get 90% of my mail order business, also.
Never a problem!
They even called me to tell me, that among a few things I ordered, that a $1.50 Ozark Mini part wasn’t in stock. The call cost them more than that!
Good place to do your shopping. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
jb

And if you happen to be traveling through Western NY a visit to their store can be great fun. We stopped there 2 years ago on the way home to CT from Buffalo (off the route, but worth the mileage). We were lucky that they had opened special for a bus tour (normally closed on Monday) and they stayed open for 20 minutes after the bus left to let us see the whole store. I don’t think we spent more than $50 between us (only came to see the store) and they were very accommodating and happy to have us. Great bunch of folks.

On price, I’ve found them to be very good in many cases. They were the best price when I bought a Phoenix 2K2 and have always been the best price on Aristo track. My last track order had to go tor Trainworld because RRS was sold out. I paid more but was able to get track shipped in time to qualify for the Aristo deal. Next time I won’t wait until the last week in February :o

And who can forget the $60 Bachman Dizzies - What a steal !!!

JR

Let me add my kudos. Yes, RRS is a class operation!

Here in the Great White North the last thing we want is UPS shipments - that’s a super rip-off at the border - and RRS has no problem shipping by the routing the customer would like.
And yes, when they don’t have it or if something isn’t crystal clear, they call to find out if they could substitute.

The last two orders I got the last of xxx items, as in JIT. :wink: Put a big smile on my face. They get almost all of what I mailorder from the USA.

On our trek home from “the Invasion” we stopped by Ridge Road Station. Spoke to Peter for a minute and looked around for about an hour. Very nice facility. The staff was extremely helpful and offered to help us as we just “shopped”. Of course we bought a few items to justify our visit.

Amazing to see how the LGB stock is drying up, not just at RRS, but in all the stores.

I must agree with these sentiments. I had ordered a USAT Alco S-4 from a “local” hobby shop several weeks ago, in an effort to support them rather than an internet business. The loco was promised before Christmas. I called to check status several times, until four days before Christmas when I was finally told that they were “out of stock” at USAT, and could be expected in mid-January. I called Ridge Road Station on 12/21 (late afternoon), and the engine was delivered to my door on 12/27! Had I ordered earlier in the day, I could have had the item by Christmas. Can’t beat that kind of service!

I had to laugh at Ric’s statement that they “bought a few items to justify our visit.”

Snicker!

Chortle

Guffaw!

Steve Featherkile said:
I had to laugh at Ric's statement that they "bought a few items to justify our visit."

Snicker!

Chortle

Guffaw!

Steve,

I run a small store at the marina. It is for convienience. I won’t tell you that our prices are not higher than you can buy at the discount stores or on the internet, but if you need it at 4 pm on Sunday afternoon or 8 pm on Friday night, we have it. Customers pay for me keeping the doors open. If I go to a brick and mortar store, I will try to help keep the lights on and the doors open. I really do appreciate the ability to see and hold things.

Carlyle is a small town. 50 miles from St. Louis. There are no large scale hobby shops in St. Loius. I buy a lot at train shows and I order quite a bit over the internet. If it is a universal item or something that can be ordered by my local small scale hobby shop, I will try my best to give him my business. In fact, drove the 76 miles today for some HO/On30 stuff. I really appreciated that he had what I “needed”.

Laughing is good for you, I do it quite a bit. :wink:

Sorry, Ric. Darn electronic correspondence.

What I meant to imply was that neither you nor I need something to justify such a trip. The pilgrimage is justification enough.

No harm, no fowl. Just explaining my position. You should hear how I justify some of the purchases to the bride. “You know dear, it’s for the grandkids”. She’s beginning to catch on to that one.

Ric Golding said:
No harm, no fowl. Just explaining my position. You should hear how I justify some of the purchases to the bride. "You know dear, it's for the grandkids". She's beginning to catch on to that one.
Women are strange that way, ain't they? OTOH, SW has been known to suggest I buy RR stuff I wasn't considering "for the grandkids".
Steve Featherkile said:
Sorry, Ric. Darn electronic correspondence.

What I meant to imply was that neither you nor I need something to justify such a trip. The pilgrimage is justification enough.

Oh yeah … and the sacrifice on account of such pilgrimage. hardi harhar!! :smiley: :smiley:

Steve likes to live dangerously. He just sneaks things into the house and hopes by the time they show up on his layout, she won’t notice that they are new. :confused:

“Oh No Honey…I’ve had this for YEARS…you just didn’t see it ’ til we moved…”