Large Scale Central

Line Drawing of the KVRwy

I’ve inserted the RailOp Dispatcher’s Line Drawing of Kaskaskia Valley Railway in the Articles area. If you care to take a look or have questions or comments, please let me know.

http://www.largescalecentral.com/articles/view.php?id=57

That looks impressive really , there may be railfans laying in wait to get pictures of the trains now , and argueing over some KVRy paint chip color or rivet pattern , or when some loco was first operated …
seems real , operates real like .

Now THATS impressive Ric! Do you still use the Dispatch board? how bout writing that one up for everyone thats never been to York?

My problem with these types of drawings is that they look like a bowl of spaghetti until I can actually see the layout. I had the same problem with Marty’s drawing until I got there and could see the layout and put locations with their spots on the drawing.

Warren

Bart Salmons said:
Now THATS impressive Ric! Do you still use the Dispatch board? how bout writing that one up for everyone thats never been to York?

Thanks guys. Yes, we do still use the Dispatcher’s Board. I’ll include these pictures in the same 'Article". The “Dispatcher’s Board”

This is actually the best photo I’ve ever gotten of the “Dispatcher’s Board”. It is made from one of those magnetic erasible marker boards and has such a gloss that there is always a reflection glare. The computer with the RailOps screen, plus a limited view of some of the railroad outside.

The RailOp software allows you to use the “Dispatcher’s Line Drawing”. If you move a train marker in the software from station to station it will update the location of the train in all the software. We aren’t that sophisticated, yet. :wink: Its easier to have some mechanical reference where all the trains are on one board and you can see the relation of each train to the rest.