Large Scale Central

A simple battery charging timer

A simple timer to use to keep from over charging your batteries. The batteries I’m charging are on some of my power tools and not the newer hi-tech batteries. Directions for charging my new battery’s said “Charge for 12 hours first time. Then no more then 7 hours there after when battery’s need recharged.” I don’t know about you but I have a tendency to forget to take the battery off charge. Over charging, some times ruining the battery. With the new batteries coming out, charging them, and then forgetting to turn the power to the charger off when the charger has shut down may cause a fire or explosion. I bought a lighting timer that has a button that you can turn the light “on” and “off” manually.

I use only is one “off” tripper as seen in the picture. For reference I put a mark at one of the 12 o’clock positions on the dial, then set the off tripper at the number of hours I want the battery to charge. In the picture it is set to charge for 6 hours. With the 12 o’clock set at the time position on the dial I set the number of hours I want to charge the battery, then plug charger cord into the timer, plug the timer into a 110 volt outlet, then turn the manual switch to “on”. When the “off” tripper shuts the charger off, the timer can’t turn it “on” again automatically without a “on” tripper.