Large Scale Central

Saw the new aristo pacificado (did not say bought)

saw it at my dealers, a B&O version…i did not see it run…what catches the viewers attention is the vandy tender…big, black, and beautiful, it is the nicest tender i have seen…the loco is another matter…remember, i like diesels much more than steamers, so i do not know specifically what i am looking at, just a few general areas of interest to me…i liked the metal side rods but the lack of FULL operating valve gear is a real let down…to me, its the valve gear that is interesting to watch…the wheels LOOKED cheesy to me…maybe they are not, but LOOK like it to me (which really means nothing)…the headlight looks monsterous and out of place IMHO…except for having an xtra set of drivers, it looks like a pacific with a vandy tender…the switches in the cab are fairly easy to access, but the lack of even provisions for fire box glow, ie clear or clear colored plastic molded piece instead of solid black piece, is a turn off…staying in the price range, for a couple hundred more (the price of added mikado sound anyway) i would go for the MTH hudson over the pacificado, and have it ready to go…but then, i am still waiting on the USAT die cast hudson before i make a final determination…