Large Scale Central

Differnt kind of Narrow Gauge

Being as I’m modelling Swiss Meter gauge, namely the Rhaetian Railway, it isn’t as easy to come by “to scale” RTR rolling stock. But every once in a while LGB comes along with something that falls within the specs. The scale for Meter Gauge on 45mm track is 1:22.5 (generously rounded). Here is what I measured on my newest aquisition, the Uah 8135

Of course like with any product there are pros and cons. Pros: Nice finish, good to excellent detail i.e. builder’s plate in the step area, warning sign behind the ladder, lock for filler cap etc. Nice detail on frame and brake appliances. Not a single piece of bright brass wire in sight!! Good lettering, some details like emergency levers, brake ration selectors etc. high lighted with paint. Equalizing trucks (one side fixed, other side swivels freely). Measurements are getting closer and closer to scale! Cons: Plastic wheel sets! Some parts attached with screws clearly visible. Minor lettering discrepancy (R2 20.11.92; this despite the replacement tank which was fitted in 1996). Some legacy dimensional problems. Overall: Very Good. A must buy for RhB fans Pictures to follow shortly. Prototype pictures at this location http://www.polier.ch/page/bahnen/rhb/gueter/tank00/tank05.htm HJ