Large Scale Central

Battery to Speaker Distance

Has anyone ever heard of a “rule” with how close your battery and speaker can be? These are 1/2" apart at the magnet with the speaker located in the mounting location molded into the tender. Trying to decide if I need a smaller battery for more clearance.

Thank,

Chris

Never heard of a “rule”

I’ve velcroed a battery right on top of a speaker.

Seems to act just like its 12" back in a trailing car.

Chris Kieffer said:

Has anyone ever heard of a “rule” with how close your battery and speaker can be? These are 1/2" apart at the magnet with the speaker located in the mounting location molded into the tender. Trying to decide if I need a smaller battery for more clearance.

Thank,

Chris

Never heard of any rule, nor of any problem that would result from “nearness”. My battery charger has a magnet on a wire that it uses to monitor the battery while charging - I’m assuming it also has some sort of sensor in it.

The only thing I would consider is building an enclosure for you speaker - it typically results in much better sound.

I’ve velcroed a battery right on top of a speaker.

Me too. Worked fine.

There may or may not be some sort of reaction on the physics of how electrons react to magnetism.

I haven’t researched that part of battery function.

Inside a battery are two “anodes” where negative electrons jump across to the positive anode.

Over time, this causes the positive anode to erode, which is the most common reason batteries fail.

Lithium batteries have had the positive pole coated with Lithium to slow down the erosion process.