Large Scale Central

Somebody on Facebook is building an SD60f

This is kind of cool. It looks like someone is actually using my construction log to build an SD60f on facebook.

I’m not on facebook, but I’ve been able to look at a few of the photos. Looks like they’re doing a pretty good job.

https://www.facebook.com/GScaleConrailBishopstownSub/photos/a.109850253919464/222894545948367

Unfortunately this reminds me that I have three more that still aren’t finished.

Shane

Do as the masters do.

One of my current projects is a pair of SD40-2F’s. They will be getting these two livery’s.

I think master Chris has helped me out a few times…LED’s, canopy glue, and lost SD40-2w screws. Thanks Chris. :slight_smile:

That’s cool Dan. Did you know that they are once again owned by CP. I wonder if they’ll try to sell them a second time. Are you going to make yours out of styrene, or 3D print them? I hope you share some photos.

I actually cut one extra base, and I’ve been toying with the idea of either an SD40-2f in CP paint, or maybe a CN SD50f. Then I sit back and look at everything laying around my house, and I wonder if I have too many things planned. :stuck_out_tongue:

Shane

Shane Stewart said:

That’s cool Dan. Did you know that they are once again owned by CP. I wonder if they’ll try to sell them a second time. Are you going to make yours out of styrene, or 3D print them? I hope you share some photos.

Yes, I’m aware. In fact I have posted that question on the Eastern Canadian Pacific FB group to get an idea of how much time I have to get good close up shots before they disappear. I’ll use the USAT frame as a base. Combination of Styrene or PVC and 3d printed parts. I’ve been toying around with milling the doors into the long hood with a CNC.

-Dan