Large Scale Central

KOPS 2021

I’m going to tentatively schedule this for April 30- May 2. 9AM to whenever. (Due to a conflict with Andy Clarke’s Ops session. moving this up to May 15-16)

A week later than normal, not that it matters much weather wise, but maybe things will be some what more back to normal.

(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Ken Brunt said:

, but maybe things will be some what more back to normal.

I sure hope so, but the news isn’t getting better. I’m not sure we will ever see the old normal again, but hopefully a new normal that resembles it.

Ah ha, so we’re doing OPS on the same weekend… (Depending on how the Covid goes)… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Shoulda checked with ya first. I thought you were either the 2nd or 3rd weekend.

Well Here in NH they are basically saying that after Jan 22nd, I can sign up to get an appointment for a shot in the arm, because of my pre existing conditions.

But the unknown factor is the supply. right now IMHO it doesn’t look good.

AL P.

Ken Brunt said:

Shoulda checked with ya first. I thought you were either the 2nd or 3rd weekend.

Ken, my May Ops is usually scheduled the same weekend as RLD’s open house weekend…

Robby does the open house Fri-Sat… We ops on Sat-Sun… That gives folks the opportunity

to stay in the area an extra day and visit us on Sunday…

Posted May & June’s Ops sessions the the ““events”” area about 10 days ago… June’s Ops is

the weekend the Garden Convention closes in TN…

If this covid stuff doesn’t get better, they will be cancelled anyway…

Thanks Andy.

I’ll move my Ops session up a couple weeks to May 15 -16, then.

Ken Brunt said:

Thanks Andy.

I’ll move my Ops session up a couple weeks to May 15 -16, then.

Ken, I’d appreciate that… Would like to attend yours, it’s been a while…

Besides, my son is back at Ft Meade, so we could also slip down and

visit (pester) him after your OPS… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Would love to have ya, Andy. We’ll see how it goes.

Ken Brunt said:

What are your rules in PA, Ken? Do you know if the hotels and restaurants are open?

Bruce Chandler said:

Ken Brunt said:

What are your rules in PA, Ken? Do you know if the hotels and restaurants are open?

If PA is like most states near me, the rules are fluid - changing as situations change. Connecticut is resisting closing restaurants again, partially due to pressure from the restaurant owner’s association. The numbers I watch are Hospitalizations and Test Results, both of which have been in an up, then down, then up again cycle since Christmas.

My point is, the rules in May could be far different then the rules today.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/us-state-travel-restrictions-covid-19/index.html

Maybe the link will help as it updates daily ?

Currently from the above site under Pa:

What does the Order require?
Anyone who visits Pennsylvania from another state, including Pennsylvanians returning to the Commonwealth, must get tested within 72 hours prior to entering the Commonwealth. If an individual is unable to get a test prior to entering the Commonwealth, is waiting for test results, or chooses not to get a test, they must quarantine for 10 days upon arrival in our state or secure a negative test, whichever is first.

And as far as food and lodging go:

Traveler Testing Order

Anyone who visits from another state is to have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to entering the commonwealth.
If someone cannot get a test or chooses not to, they must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvanians visiting other states are required to have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to their return to the commonwealth or to quarantine for 14 days upon return to PA.
The order does not apply to people who commute to and from another state for work or medical treatment.
Innkeepers are not required to ask guests for documentation of a negative COVID-19 test or enforce the 14 day quarantine.
Read the Press Release, Travel Order, and Travel FAQs.

Masking Order

Masks must be worn indoors and outdoors when away from your home. Outdoor masking is required if you cannot maintain at least 6 feet distance between someone not from your household. Indoor masking is required at all facilities.
For dining establishments, once guests are seated they must continue to wear their masks until food or beverage is served.
Read the Mask Order FAQs.

Innkeepers can accept reservations for leisure travelers and are required to follow Business and Building Safety Orders as set forth by the Department of Health. Effective October 9, 2020, The Governor and Secretary Levine’s July 5, 2020 orders were amended to allow for venue occuplancy limits to play a bigger role in determining the number of people permitted to attend inside and outside events. For more information and to review FAQs, please click here.

You can view the latest guidance at the PA Department of Health website. PABBI supports the American Hotel & Lodging Association Stay Safe Initiative. You can download the latest safe stay guidelines. PABBI has also used this document along with the documentation issued by the Department of Health and Govenor’s Office to develop Lodging Guidelines specifically for Bed and Breakfasts/Inns.

Given the rising number of COVID-19 cases, you can find the latest guidance from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

PABBI has created a page on our website to update guests traveling within PA.

Bruce Chandler said:

Ken Brunt said:

Local restaurants are open, as I imagine the hotels would be.

Who knows what the rules are. They change from day to day and week to week.

As for travel restrictions, DE had a 2 week quarantine when you entered the state at one time, but people went in and out of the state daily, so I don’t know how they ever enforced that.

Current plans are to attend Clarke’s OPs in May and Ken’s OPs 2 weeks later. Always make plans. If they have to change, so be it. I plan to wake up in the morning. If I don’t, people will still know I was planning to do it. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Back in the day in the hood

Bump… for, four, fore, 4 POST COUNT …Hollywood critiques too much !

Rooster said:

Back in the day in the hood

Pre COVID Lockdown when I could fit into those jeans and they were roomy.

Great video, rooster. Thanks for sharing.

This is still “cast in concrete”.