Large Scale Central

North Table Creel RR

Went down to Marty’s NTCRR for the last run.

Tried to post photos, guess I did something wrong.

Don,

Please try again. I’m sure there are lots of us that would love to see them. It’s like large scale history.

Don and Craig, go to the forums, scroll all the way down to Website and there is a great explanation on how to post pictures here. It can be a little difficult to get it figured out , but once you do it it becomes easier

i would like to see these

this is the railroad that got me into the hobby

sorry to see it go

thanks

Lots of good memories with Marty and Carrie and all the good friends that met up there. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

What is the “Final” story of the North Table Creek Railroad, and why did it end ?

It seemed to be such a going concern with lots of action every year. What caused its demise ?

Marty has switched over to 1" scale ride on. That happened several years ago. It’s just as impressive as his 1/29 used to be. His 1/29 layout was destined for an “end” once he really got into the ride on. I believe his new layout is called The South Table Creek. Took a few years for the switch over. My wife and I have lots of good memories from our visits. I sure miss JJ and his stories. Anyone else go this year that might have photos?

Are those pictures of building, or removing the bridge ? Pictures without descriptive prose, leave people possibly “Cornfused”…!!!

FM

“removing”, Fred.

The only thing not subject to change is that everything is always subject to change.(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Don & Craig Hofsheier’s photos of Marty’s NTCRR last run.

I wonder if Marty is going to break down the MLS bridge or offer it to someone? There were lots of MLS group photos shot in front of that bridge. I guess time marches on.

This was from 2012.

Paul,

It was taken down Sunday.

On Facebook, there is a photo of the ribbon cutting of Marty’s MLS Bridge in 2004. Proud to be in that picture with friends. That little HLW Rail Bus that was nose to nose with the big BN units for the ribbon cutting photo is ours and currently in the hands of a friend for some major modifications. Those were great times and the Fall highlight of those years. I believe 2004 had 6 of us in our big green van, that was only a year old, for the trip across Missouri and then north. Eventually sold that van with over 250,000 miles on it. This is a great hobby! So many good friends. “STAN, your train!” “JJ your train is going the wrong way again!” “ALRIGHT, we are going to run the other direction!” OH LORD, to much fun!

Don,

I know it was removed. What I was wondering is if he tore it apart or saved it for someone else to take and install.

Paul,

I’ll try and find out where it is going.

Fred Mills. said:

What is the “Final” story of the North Table Creek Railroad, and why did it end ?

It seemed to be such a going concern with lots of action every year. What caused its demise ?

As I recall, one contributing reason for the demise was dealing with weeds! A ride on scale layout Marty switched to makes weeds less of an issue since they can be mostly left as is and be naturally realistic.

-Ted

Paul,

He said the bridge is going to a new home but didn’t say where.

Chris,

Glad to hear that. Now we just have to wait and see where it turns up.