Large Scale Central

Santa Fe - black and silver scheme

Hi All

I was thinking about backdating my USA Trains 44 Tonner to the delivered black and silver scheme. Does anyone know if decals are to be had for the stripes?

thanks

Colin

Being a modeler and re-doing just about everything I have, decals are getting harder and harder to find these days. There is a seller on eBay K4 who has a large selection to choose from, check there first. I guess the silver and black strips for the Santa Fe is for there older model switchers, as a modeler and painting is what I like to do the most, I would probably just tape it all off and repaint, most of the time painting is easier for me then trying to decal large areas on engines. The G scale market for decals is probably the worst I’ve ever seen and I’ve been painting models for some 40 plus years. I guess as more and more modelers fall by the wayside, so goes the decal market.

trainman

How about Stan Cedarleaf. He advertises here and is very good at custom work.

Here is the link.

https://www.cedarleafcustomdecals.com/CustomDecalsx.html

Thanks for the response. Have used Stan many times and he does wonderful work and is always a pleasure to deal with. Painting the stripes is an option. Mind you Im also considering Pennsy ( Union Transportation with an opportunity for a nice wooden caboose to go with it) would be altogether a simpler solution

Colin