Large Scale Central

Airwire systems

While searching for Airwire RC battery systems in RLD I came across several, seems like every engine has a different part # so my ? is there really a difference between all these kits or is it just different installation instructions?

I would say it’s just how the receiver is wired for plug and play for a particular brand and model, that is if you cut the plugs off, it should work in just about any engine out there. There is not that many wires to deal with, 12 ports for different features, I would say, most you would use is 5, or 6. The sound units (Sound Traxx, etc.) are extra and there is only two wires to plug into the receiver. If you haven’t looked at the AirWire website, here it is, all is pretty well explained. I myself just purchased the AirWire 900 system and I will be using it in LGB Moguls, which they don’t offer plug and play for LGB. AirWire is CVP USA http://www.cvpusa.com/index.php

trainman

Call Robbie and talk with him, he can answer and maybe steer you to the proper system for your locomotives