Large Scale Central

Aristo ALCO RS-3 runnung again.

Awhile back I acquired a well loved , run alot, used Aristocraft RS-3. When I got it the motor blocks were real tired. Fortunately I picked up and installed new motor blocks prior to the Aristo problems. I also installed an P8 analog Phoenix board and the RS-3 worked happily on the Rio Gracie for a few years. Then I started on the CP Huntington project. I needed a sound board so my thinking was take the P8 sound board from the RS-3 and put it in the CP Huntington project. That would be no problem cuz I had a P5 Phoenix constant power board just sitting along with an old G2 Airwire board with a 14.4v battery. I would just convert the RS-3 to battery power. Simple - right? Also I might as well change the lights to LED.

Well I was missing a few parts so in early May I contacted Tony at RCS (Remote Control Systems) for an on/off switch and charging port. I figured with the Pandemic and him being in Australia it would be like at least 3 months before the parts came in. So 30 days later the parts show up. Great service, thanks Tony. Taking a break from the CP Huntington I drilled and grinded and made all my old parts fit into the RS-3. What I didn’t figure on was light bleed. With 9 LED’s, I got light going everywhere.

But she runs well in reverse. So in the daylight I gotta figure why she don’t like going forward.

Tommy

Rio Gracie