Large Scale Central

Buckboard in Fn3

Good morning all.
With the confinement I am finishing an 1890 wooden buckboard of cheese box in Fn3, I still have work.
To your comments

Sounds like an interesting project. Unfortunately, I cannot view your photo.

Sorry, wrong handling, read again

Very nice job building that buckboard. Kind of looks like a salesman’s model of the latest designs (springs).

Beautiful work!

Good job. Did you build from a specific plan?

Thank you Jim and John.
Rick, I got an kit assembly manual from Model-online.com at 1:12 that I adapted to 20.3 and some found on the net, after all the rest went away.

Jean , that is an exceptional high quality model, great job

Well, the pictures DID come through and the model looks better than I could even imagine. Very nice work!

That is really neat! Well done!

Did younscratch build the wheels? Those seem like the hardest bit.

Stunning model! The details are fantastic.

Thank you Dennis, Bruce and Cliff.
Eric, yes, I started with the wheels to be sure to get there to continue. I glued 3 strips of wood around the cheese box ('poplar 1 mm thick) formed on a tube (50mm for small and 60mm for large).
Then I turned the hub in a 10mm round of wood with my drill. I made a template to hold these 2 pieces centered.
The combs are made with toothpicks

Awesome modeling. Thanks for the pictures!

Thanks for the details on how you created those wheels (which are fantastic). Very helpful!

Thank you all for your comments.
I present to you now the almost finished model, there are still some touch-ups of paint, in an “artistic” way which allows you to see all the details.

Eberly and Orris aka Wilcox wheels ?

Outstanding!!

Really terrific, Jean-Gilles. All the details are just great. Love the connection to the buggy pole (shaft?). I’m clearly no buggy expert… At this point you must be!

Thanks Jim.
No, I am not an expert in this field, but I have documented a lot on the net, and I admit that I am relatively satisfied with the result

Jean-Gilles Durand said:

…I am relatively satisfied with the result

Monsieur J-G,

I also am relatively satified with the result. But I don’t think it really fits on your layout; I think you should send it to me.