Large Scale Central

DSM2 Receivers

I have to put the receiver (RX) back in my C-19 tender, and I received 2 packages from my favorite supplier recently, so I figured you guys might like a photo.

I’ve used the Orange RX before, and I think this one came out of something else, as my pal asked me if I had a use for the ‘battery’ thingie. Nothing special about the Spektrum except the neat pin layout. The interesting one will be the micro RX in the foreground, which is (presumably) designed for small drones, etc. It came with the cables which will have to be connected to servos - good job I have some spare extender cables. Now I have to find out how to make it “bind” to my DX6i.

Stay tuned.

Nice. What control system are you using? C-19 sparkie or steam? Oh, you said servos, so live steam. RCS Tx/rx ?

Jon Radder said:

Nice. What control system are you using? C-19 sparkie or steam? Oh, you said servos, so live steam. RCS Tx/rx ?

Yes, the C-19 is live steam. It always had the Orange, so I put that back inside the tender. Found some bent pins, but all is now well and it is ready to go to a new home.

I left my RCS TX-3 in Florida (accidentally) so the TX is a standard DX6i. Amazing it still works after all these years, but then it doesn’t come out of hibernation very often. I do have a couple of RCS Cobra 24V ESCs for my electrics - one is in the little Feldbahn engine.

I soldered up a cable for the micro-RX this afternoon as part of my testing of the RXs. I also printed the instructions, which turned out to be wrong - they had the 4 small sockets labelled the opposite of the cables (black/+ at the opposite end.) So I assumed the engineer knew what he was doing and tried it anyway. The instructions also pointed me to the tiny ‘bind’ button (it’s visible near the 3 power pins in the front.) I was wondering where the bind plug would go! Very interesting, and it worked.