Large Scale Central

Extended vision caboose wanted.

I’m looking for a 1/29th USA Trains extended-vision caboose in any road name, in fair to good condition. I’m going to be replicating the caboose running on the Oregon Coast Scenic Railway, and have their persimmon to replicate the wording and logo. Mr Cedarleaf will be doing his usual fine job of that as and when I find one I can afford. The one that I was offered here in for just over $200 + shipping was already repainted [with a spoon] and somewhat modified [the bay windows were missing].

I HAVE to do it now, I’ve got the special paint mixed up…

tac

Proud unpaid-up for life member of OVGRS

TAC,

You can buy a new one on E-bay for $147.00 plus about $14 shipping. Several different roads.

Bill

Thanks, Bill, I’ll take a look-see and hope.

tac in lower case.

Charles Ro has several road names available for 129.95 plus shipping. HAVE FUN AND STAY SAFE(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

Terry…I wish I could say that I have one available…yes we do have several in operations here, but they belong to others. I will keep my eyes open for a freebee for you…there is no price that can be put on giving, to fellow model railroaders…and surely there is one to be found sitting on someone’s shelf, somewhere.

One of the fellows, Bruce Chandler, on LSC is giving away all his railway, track and some locomotives and rolling stock…to friends and anyone willing to remove it for him. Even his buildings which are works of art, are free, along with all trees, bushes, and roadbed…Truely a generous person.

A great sign that greed does not rule…

CP Extended Vision Caboose - RLD Hobbies - On Sale - US$ 109.89

===> LINK HERE <===

A big thank you to you all for your helpishness in my quest. I’m happy to relate that I am now the proud owner, not of one, but TWO fine cabeeses, thanks to your counterparts over here [if such be at all possible ;)]. Not only do I have an extended vision caboose for CN, but a bay window NYC version that already has all the dozens of bits of ironwork painted in yellow - thus saving me the chore of taking it all out and/or masking it to paint. A couple of minor details would need my attention in the general outline thereof, but nothing that I can’t withdeal. they were advertised as second-hand, but have no signs of ever having been on a track.

Furthermore, such was the zeal of the vendor to clinch the deal that I got both for not THAT much more than the price of a single item, which, as you know over here, can be extortionate to say the least, but they arrived within twenty-four hours pf my address confirmation.

As soon as I’ve figured out the correct shade of blue, I’ll be dismantling the car body and getting on with airbrushing the finish, having gotten Stan Cedarleaf on the task of producing the lettering. TBH, he is the very least of my worries - his incredibly short tunrround times are a lesson anybody in a small business, and I really wouldn’t bother even trying to go elsewhere for my decals.

I’ll show it to you when I’m done, and thanks again for all the assistment.