Large Scale Central

An opportunity for somebody!

So, as I look around, I’m finding it harder and harder to keep the old garden railroad going. All of the maintenance needed is just overwhelming my little mind! My health is fine, as in Jean’s, but that doesn’t make it any easier to maintain the railroad.

So, with that in mind, I’m offering up my garden railroad to anyone interested. It’s not first come, first served, it’s who ever brings the biggest truck first! So, if you know anybody, please let them know. I’m NOT delivering anything - it’s all come pick it up. I am keeping a few locomotives (My 10 wheeler, my boxcar, my critter, and my motorcar), and some I items have already been claimed or taken. Please check the list below to see what is still available. By available, I mean come pick it up and it’s yours. No charge for anything.

Sure it helps if you’re local, but it’s a good time for a drive if you’re not so close.

We still plan to keep on attending all of the train events that we’ve been doing for the last few years, but I suspect I can do that without having a layout.

Thanks for your consideration and hope to see a lot of you later this year!

There’s not much left now…

Dwarf Alberta Spruce

Support Pieces (Yard platform, Tufboard roadbed)

The Dwarf Alberta Spruce is not so Dwarf anymore, and there’s still some boxwood and others (I have a shovel, but I’ll let YOU dig!)

There’s also track support and yard stuff left…the yard was built from treated 2x8.

I don’t live close enough to benefit, but it’s sad to see such a great railroad go.

You’ve already heard how I feel about this, and I sure didn’t need this picture to remind me.

I’m gonna miss it!

Bruce,

NONE of your links work as displayed. You need to edit the parenthesis from around the url’s like this http://jbrr.com/layout/viaduct.html (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

What a shame, but understood Bruce.

Joe Zullo said:

Bruce,

NONE of your links work as displayed. You need to edit the parenthesis from around the url’s like this http://jbrr.com/layout/viaduct.html (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Thanks, Joe! Glad I had not finished them all!

Wow. I’m sorry to hear that the J&B is yet another fallen flag. I can hardly believe you are giving everything away, but then I remember your personality and it makes perfect sense. I wish I had room for some of the rolling stock, but all my sidings are full.

I’m sorry that I never got a chance to operate at your home, but always enjoy the events we both make it to. Good luck with the disposition. I’m pretty sure it will go quickly - there are some damn fine models in that list.

Message sent (PM Sent).

Pinch me, its not April 1st.

-Kevin.

Bruce, I sympathize with you. This spring I am lifting all my track and shortening my layout to one loop for my 7/8 scale models.

At my age and condition I cannot keep up, nor do I want to, with maintenance.

I have sold all my scratch built rolling stock and gave all the buildings away.

All the ground cover and larger bushes and trees were pulled.

Also gave most of the LGB track and all the switches away to a friend for his new layout.

I think my enjoyment was in building the models rather than actually running them.

Bruce: PM sent.

How far are you from Williamsburg?

The hand writing on my wall told me to get rid of my guns, but keep playing until I can’t.

I finished the chemo and have 3 more radiation treatments and then I can go home to my trains!

Nobody in my family wants to make jewelry, so Devon gets my casting shop, cheap …

I’d like to think Ruby keeps making the rounds, long after I can’t.

1 Like

Lou Luczu said:

Bruce: PM sent.

How far are you from Williamsburg?

Lou, it’s about 90 minutes to Williamsburg. We’re in Burke, about 10 miles from DC.

John Bouck said:

I think my enjoyment was in building the models rather than actually running them.

John, HOW TRUE. I have really enjoyed building the models - and I love to put little details on the structures, but once they are out on the layout, I just try to keep them clean. However, operations is my friend as it does give me a chance to play with my rolling stock model. And that’s probably my future from here.

Now I got it! You got published in GR and are going on an autograph tour.

If anybody want some of these track bumpers…I MIGHT have more…

I also added my storage shed and dwarf alberta spruce (and other plant pictures). Take it all! :hear_no_evil:

Bruce,

I feel your pain (in many parts of my body). I too am considering tearing up my layout this year. I’m too involved with building models to take the time to go outside and clean up my layout. Besides, there is a great outdoor large scale layout at the train depot in Hendersonville where I can run anytime I want. I’ve had a good 25 years of building and operating a layout. Now it’s time to relax.

Doc

David Marconi,FOGCH said:

What a shame, but understood Bruce.

1 Like

Still trying to absorb all this …taking deep breath …Richard now you !

I would like to save Radders (purple ribbon baby !) I cannot pick it up and Jon has first dibs IMO! Hoping someone picks up “Mattesons” and “The Bank” as well …they were AWESOME builds !

Chandler G scale museum ?

You “still are” a hell of a modeler Bruce along with others and a total inspiration for “me” anyway. I don’t know what else to say other than I understand as stated already.

KCUF