Large Scale Central

The 2x8 layout is off

I was hoping to build a 2x8 layout that I had mentioned in another thread.

But I’m just too darn broke to be able to construct it.

The lack of Stimulus money for anyone ages 17-25 has further crushed my hopes of having a small layout.

Just wanted to let y’all know so as not to expect anything.

(NOT an April Fool’s joke)

I feel you… since I am in the other age group, my $10,000 check just arrived and I’m building the traditional spagetti layout, 2 x 200 feet, single track maglev layout.

(until you added that it is not an april fools, I thought you were kidding about the stimulus being needed for a 2x8 layout, sorry)

Joe Loll said:

The lack of Stimulus money for anyone ages 17-25 has further crushed my hopes of having a small layout.

if you are so young, you’ve got plenty of time to catch up later. relax.

edit: oh, shucks, forgot the date. you got me.

Yep, he had me for a while too…

Greg Elmassian said:

I feel you… since I am in the other age group, my $10,000 check just arrived and I’m building the traditional spagetti layout, 2 x 200 feet, single track maglev layout.

Seriously this was supposed to be a funny right

4 / 1 / 2020 … I figured if the money did not go to the youngsters, it must have come to me… (actually RLD just got $3k of it)

Greg Elmassian said:

4 / 1 / 2020 … I figured if the money did not go to the youngsters, it must have come to me… (actually RLD just got $3k of it)

OMGram

I should mention this is NOT an April Fool’s joke. Doesn’t matter what day to me honestly. The outcome is the same.

But I do appreciate the humor.

Joe Loll said:

I should mention this is NOT an April Fool’s joke. Doesn’t matter what day to me honestly. The outcome is the same.

I understand !

This is gonna be tough upcoming times for all but perhaps we can all SHARE the hobby on LSC and learn from what you can make from junk or perhaps KITBASH something that you have .

Stay safe all!

Greg Elmassian said:

Enjoy it as you need it !

I would love to get some “model railroad stimulus money”… was not aware that bill presented to congress!

seriously, for 2 x 8, you could probably find some scrap lumber and plywood, and look for some used track, then as Rooster says, scratch build the rest.

Greg

Yes, but I’m not much of a scratch builder unfortunately. I’m more a kitbasher. I actually do have the benchwork built already, problem is I’m not thinking G scale anymore, so I have to buy track, foam, paint, table legs just to get the layout beyond the track phase.

Joe Loll said:

Yes, but I’m not much of a scratch builder unfortunately. I’m more a kitbasher. I actually do have the benchwork built already, problem is I’m not thinking G scale anymore, so I have to buy track, foam, paint, table legs just to get the layout beyond the track phase.

I love kitbashing!

Joe Loll said:

But I do appreciate the humor.

Call me curios, what do you need to start your layout?

I chose start because we never really finish them…

Rooster ’ said:

Joe Loll said:

I love kitbashing!

And we love Roosta bashing …