Large Scale Central

Fires...

I know we have a number of LSC brethren in Australia. I hope all of them and their families are safe and their properties undamaged.

My sentiments exactly!

Thanks gang

We are pretty good up here (Queensland) at the moment. It’s bad down along the south coast of NSW and Vic.

Hopefully the weather will change soon and we will get some rain to help

We are in the middle of a drought as well which isn’t helping

Bob Hayes… Thanks for the post. Kind of keep us posted. On news today… it saying over a million Animals have been killed… Sniff Sniff. (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cry.gif)

As Bob says its OK in Queensland at the moment.

I’ve only moved from the South Coast of NSW 6 months ago and have friends down there who I am keeping in touch with. A couple of them were evacuated as a precaution when fire threatened their home but It was put out thankfully.

Its pretty bad with the fires, but now the looters have moved in.

A friend of mine who lives in Western Australia pointed the following out to me a couple days ago:

Yes the fires on the east coast are certainly attracting major media attention. Perhaps lesser known is that the Eyre Highway which is the only main road that links Western Australia to the eastern states has also been closed on and off because of fires since about 20th December, leaving freight trucks as well as cars stranded. The hwy was opened for a few hours today to evacuate those who were stuck at the various roadhouses / fuel stations but will be closed again. See this link for a bit more on the story.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-06/nullarbor-evacuation-underway-after-fires-closed-eyre-highway/11841902

The fires are having an impact in so many ways its not funny.

We had a fire near where we live and it delayed a landscaping job I book just before Christmas, the reason the brother of the landscaper had just had his house badly damaged and he was sending all his crew and machinery to clean up his property and try to make the house livable for Christmas day.

He apologized but I told him “after New Year is fine” it was not like it was the end of the world if it was not done earlier. That just brought the message that we are all affected closer to home.

I spoke to a friend this morning who decided to leave the fire zone at 4am on New Years Eve with his 2 boys and made it out moments before they closed the road.

Lots of friends have told me of how scared they were when fire came so close to their properties.

This is country wide and the blame game is already starting even though fires are not over.

Politicians and the media opinionators should just STFU and let the people get on with fighting them and stop interfering just to score cheap points.

Sorry for the rant but that garbage just gets up my nose.

Sir, my intent was to point out further information about this calamity, not spread garbage.

Cliff Jennings said:

Sir, my intent was to point out further information about this calamity, not spread garbage.

Cliff,

Apologies if I offended, but the garbage I was referring to was the blame game the politicians are current conducting, sorry if I didn’t make my point clearer.

This is indeed a calamity and after talking to my friend who only just got out of the fire zone it will most likely going to be decades before the land fully recovers if it ever does.

The loss of flora and fauna is just staggering with some scientists claiming that the bio diversity will be changed forever.