Large Scale Central

For Sale: Hybrid Railtruck

I just finished refurbishing a highly modified Railtruck that came unexpectedly with a pair of tenders. It doesn’t fit my stable, so I’d like to sell it for $75 o.b.o. plus shipping. The price reflects the fragility of the build - it may give years of service or may need a new drive truck very soon. It could be converted back to a normal Bachmann Rail truck when they provide the back axle spare part.

No idea who decided to add a Bachmann boxcar to the rear of the railtruck, but when I got it there was no drive train or front truck! The rest of it seemed to work - it even had a rear axle with working gears, which Jerry promptly installed in his dead truck.

I built a new truck with some hypoid bevels I found on eBay. The adventure is documented in this thread:

http://www.largescalecentral.com/forums/topic/29818/making-a-drive-truck-for-my-rail-truck?page=1

It is now complete and running. The boxcar is cut away to clear the PCB in the truck bed, and there is a hole in the side for the 4-way switch, which I left inside the boxcar as I didn’t see a need for it outside. (Your opinion may differ.) It has some nice details - rooftop tools and tanks, another door in the side, etc. Not sure why it has an exhaust in the roof as the original exhaust pipe is routed out the side, but it is well glued and secure - I couldn’t budge it when turning the beast on its roof. The lights work - well the headlights do but the rear red light is still in the truckbed under the boxcar, and is disconnected from the PCB. It would be very simple to move it and make it work.

And here’s the video:

I’ll take it. Paypal ok? I’ll pm my address