Large Scale Central

Contacting G Scale Junction

Has anyone contacted G Scale Junction recently? I’m trying to get a hold of them. I called and it went to voicemail, but their inbox is full.

If you go to the website, you see that they have moved at some time, and they cannot support a storefront due to code restrictions.

The google map plugin indicates an error… hmm…

Then try to buy something, hit the shop button, and at the top in red letters, it says “this site is deactivated”

The last posting on their facebook page is 2013…

I would say they are not open for business, or perhaps sporadically.

Greg

I swear they were at ECLSTS this past year.

The copy right at the very bottom of their site page is 2019 …

They state open by appointment only.

Going to shows to move inventory is logical.

To me it looks like they purchased a new home with bad restrictions and they need to become a non company, to petition for the right to become one…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-undecided.gif)

Oh, so its a government thing…

Dropping off facebook 6 years ago, no storefront, no regular hours, voice mail full…

Not someone I would want to do ongoing business with… sure buy something here and there, but the forums are full of stories of people stiffed on their last transaction as companies wind down, and all of a sudden, the product does not appear, phone calls not returned, etc.

Greg

I agree. However, I SWEAR I saw their name on the vendor list for ECLSTS this year. If they were out of business, then why would their name be on the list?

I agree with John’s post… business winding down, sell off inventory at a show…

The owner is a full time architect, the business is a part time thing. His last business move was to an old grain elevator which apparently turned out to be too much of an issue to make it meet code as a business. Yes, he was at last years show in York, last time I visited him he still had a lot of new old stock Aristo. My guess is his real life job has gotten too busy to allow time for other things. He stopped being responsive to my needs for track supplies several years ago so I went elsewhere !

No man can serve two masters.

I do, my cat and my wife… shows what you know ha ha!

UPDATE:

I just called the number again, and he picked up! So it appears to be weekends only.

Did he realize his voice mailbox was full? Is it fixed? Is he only in business on weekends?

(meaning did you get any info on how he is doing business?)

Greg

It seems that he’s only available on weekends. I haven’t told him yet about the voicemail box, I’ll make sure to tell him this afternoon.