Forums General Model Photography
  • Topic: Polaroids or (35 mm) of your RR

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 31, 2019 8:09 PM EDT
      • Rooster Works "Area 69" ,

• Thanks

Polaroids or (35 mm) of your RR

Uncropped,unedited,but it must be an image from developed film ......you can do scanned pics of the pics you have or however you prefer to load images of your RR back in the day. You must show the picture parameters like you are flipping through an album.

Any takers ?

• August 31, 2019 11:14 PM EDT
      • Candlewood Valley, Connecticut

• Thanks

OK; I'm game - well sort of.  These are from before I owned a digital camera, so I know they are scanned prints. I can't say they haven't been cropped or edited 17 years ago when I first posted them.

Before I had an outdoor railroad; I had a loop around the Christmas tree with a cardboard / fiberfill mountain/tunnel...

That spring/summer I made my first tentative steps in the dirt...

I bought a digital camera that fall. By the time I began actual construction outdoors I had made the switch.

This post was edited by Jon Radder at September 1, 2019 9:18 AM EDT

www.cvsry.com www.cvsry.com

• September 1, 2019 4:03 AM EDT
      • West Grove, Pennsylvania

• Thanks

" Rooster " said:

Uncropped,unedited,but it must be an image from developed film ......you can do scanned pics of the pics you have or however you prefer to load images of your RR back in the day. You must show the picture parameters like you are flipping through an album.

Any takers ?

I can do that.................

First loop out in the driveway. Layout is being built on the right. (Now long gone)

To give you feel of how long ago this was, the little girl in the pic is my niece Kimberly. She's now married with her own kids. 

And eventually the track made it up to the new layout. That's an original Bachmann Big Hauler kit called the Prairie Flyer. Bought it at Nicholas Smith Trains for $125. That was about 1989 or 1990. It now has a BBT 460 drive in it. 

A view from the driveway.

That same area in 2013. As you can see the pressure treated ties have been replaced with an E P Henry block wall. That was done in about 2006 after the ties had begun to deteriorate. At about that same time I went with batteries and radio control to eliminate all the wiring that existed on the first layout. 

And that eventually evolved into what I have now. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --Martin Luther King Jr

• September 1, 2019 7:58 AM EDT
      • Burke, Virginia

• Thanks

" Rooster " said:

Any takers ?

It's from my layout in the seventies (last century!) and from slides, but it's rather tiny and HO like...

Bruce

http://jbrr.com/

• September 1, 2019 8:46 AM EDT
      • Lancaster, Ohio

• Thanks

Polaroids, sounds like what you would get from freezing your ass off !

• September 1, 2019 2:02 PM EDT
      • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

• Thanks

Gary, I wish I could still get film for my Polaroid. I used to end up with an audience when I took pictures with that big clunky thing. Snap the shutter, pull the yellow tab. Pull the white tab. Wait sixty seconds, then peal the print off of the negative. I still have 3 or 4 of them cameras around here.

This post was edited by David Maynard at September 1, 2019 2:02 PM EDT

Shannon car Shops
      Home of the infamous leg lamp

I.A.R.R.R. Member #12

and King Butt Modeler

• September 1, 2019 4:10 PM EDT
      • Saint Helena, CALIFORNIA

• Thanks

David - apparently the film is still available assuming your're willing to pay for it.  

• September 1, 2019 4:33 PM EDT
      • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

• Thanks

Ah, not really. Fuji Film did make film for my old Polaroid, but they stopped making it years ago.

Oh well, digital photography is less expensive, and easier for me to post online. I don't have a scanner at home, so my old 35mm shots of the first year of my railroad will probably never be seen online.

Shannon car Shops
      Home of the infamous leg lamp

I.A.R.R.R. Member #12

and King Butt Modeler

• September 1, 2019 4:57 PM EDT
      • Vermont Garden Railway Society,

• Thanks

Amazon listed the Fuji and some Polaroid films   600 series

• September 1, 2019 4:59 PM EDT
      • Saint Helena, CALIFORNIA

• Thanks

To me, this site Polaroid Originals, seems to indicate that they sell a number of the instant film types.  I do agree that digital is probably the easiest and most versatile of the formats available.

You could always get something like a Polaroid Mint Pocket Printer if you are really enamored with "instant" printing.  

• September 2, 2019 10:24 AM EDT
      • Fort Myers Beach & Annapolis, Florida & Maryland

• Thanks

These aren't polaroids, but they are scanned from prints taken before I got my first digital camera in 2003.  [In Fall of 2003 huriicane Isabel obliterated my garden and railroad, so any photos like these are pre-digital camera!]

This was the first train on the original loop:

I had a lot of Bachmann hoppers in those days:

I used to strive for EBT-like yard shots:

Here's another old freight on the long curve:

Pete

• September 9, 2019 2:03 PM EDT
      • Outpost of Obscurity, Alaska

• Thanks

There are several options available for Polaroids as film is making a comeback in the art circles.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Polaroid-Fujifilm-Instant-Film/ci/327/N/4093113315

There are still some insurance situations that prefer or require an indelible photograph.  Digital photos are far too easy to edit.  I really pity our future generations who attempt to research photographs of today.

As a side note, if you do want to play with a polaroid buy the film from a professional vendor.  Expiration dates are more important now than ever since the chemistry is slightly different and is not as stable in the undeveloped form as it used to be

Forums General Model Photography

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google