Large Scale Central

LGB 24450 Ge 2/4 Electric loco Volume control?

Hello everyone,

I’ve recently purchased this LGB locomotive.
And I’m struggling to understand the manual provided.

It said there is a volume control switch somewhere in the locomotive.
But I can’t seem to find one in the location it claims to be.

I’ve looked all over the locomotive externally and can’t find anything that would manual control the volume.

If anyone has one, could you yell me where to find and access it?

Matt

User guide states it is next to the mode of operation switches, usually in the front cab. These are the 2 switches, upper is for track vs pantograph power, bottom is for power on or off.

I’ve looked and (with difficulty) felt around in side the area as the User guide suggests.
But it’s not there. :frowning:

just those 2 switches as Dan mentioned.

I have tried to contact Marklin/LGB, but I’m not sure how long it takes their email service.

LGB is clever at hiding volume switches. The Uintah Mallet had one hidden under one of the domes, which pulled off for access to the control. The LG&B yellow Forney with factory sound had one turned with a small screw driver and accessed by pulling off the water fill hatch. I had each of these engines, so I’m familiar with them. Neither of these removable “covers” appeared to be removable at first glance, so just keep looking and try to pull off everything you can. If it doesn’t come off easily though, don’t pull hard enough to break anything.