Large Scale Central

I have a habitat! With large yard!

I have a rented house in Bartlesville. There’s a pretty big yard and a big shed that I have access to. Don’t yet know if I’ll stay here long enough to build a railroad. I was going to shoot a drone video, but LAANC said, “You must be mad!”

Well, I know that, but I really don’t think my 300 gram drone flying down among these trees is going to threaten anyone. The FAA thinks otherwise, so I don’t have a video of the place.

Congrats! I got permission at the rental I live in to set up something in the flower bed. Even if for just a year you can make use of the space.

Go for it, something is better than nothing, trust me I know!

Hey Tom, welcome back, it’s been a while.

Good to see you back Tom.

If you build a layout here, what sort of approach(es) are you considering? Like, basic on the ground, or in sections you can pull up and transport, or…? Just curious.

There are several old concrete foundations. I call them the “North Foundation, South Foundation and East Foundation.” Could just lay track on those.

I’ve always thought of using the PVC ladder method to set the track a couple feet above ground. Then I could build up sections to meet the track as I felt like it. “Let’s make a little town in this corner.” Drainage and washout would be little trouble. This might seem a little permanent.

I’m no longer unemployed and homeless, but still pretty close to penniless. My thought is to live here a year or two or twenty then look for a place to buy when I have some money set aside. For summertime play, I bought a DJI Spark drone and have been shooting videos.

Tom Ruby said:

There are several old concrete foundations. I call them the “North Foundation, South Foundation and East Foundation.” Could just lay track on those.

I’ve always thought of using the PVC ladder method to set the track a couple feet above ground. Then I could build up sections to meet the track as I felt like it. “Let’s make a little town in this corner.” Drainage and washout would be little trouble. This might seem a little permanent.

I’m no longer unemployed and homeless, but still pretty close to penniless. My thought is to live here a year or two or twenty then look for a place to buy when I have some money set aside. For summertime play, I bought a DJI Spark drone and have been shooting videos.