Large Scale Central

ECLSTS Presentation 2019

For the 14th time I will be doing a presentation at the East Coast Large Scale Train Show. The presentation’s description is below. If you are going to be at the show on Friday morning @ 10:00 please stop by and say HI!

For those of you who can’t make the talk I will be posting the PowerPoint slides and video right after the show.

dave

10am - Dave Bodnar
Join Dave Bodnar for his 14th ECLSTS seminar and explore how easy it can be to use microcontrollers and other simple electronic devices to enhance your railroad. We’ll look at circuits you can build with the Arduino family of microcontrollers, how a laser cutter and/or a 3D printer can be an excellent and exciting addition to your workshop and how you can design your own circuit boards and have them professionally manufactured for only a few dollars.
Don’t miss all of this and the usual array of tips, tricks, tools and gizmos & gadgets that can animate and add excitement to your railroad.

Good day - I have posted the video from my presentation at the ECLSTS on YouTube.

dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr5DIBSNHF0&t=2586s

Thanks Dave, your presentation was – as always – excellent! Learned a lot of fun things.

Another electronics-oriented presentation was held Saturday at 11am, were you able to catch it? Andrew Toth on “The Internet of Trains,” were he took Raspberry Pi’s and Arduino’s to make his own wireless train control network, without any “real” PC’s involved. Pretty cool. He didn’t have a web site or presentation to post, but I’ll email him to see if he will in the future. [edit: the em address I had didn’t work :frowning: ]

Thanks for posting your presentation,

Cliff

Thanks for attending, Cliff - it was good seeing you and speaking… hope we can do it again next year

dave

Yes thank you and it was good to meet you.

cheers Richard