Large Scale Central

Another nifty board to play with

While I wait for some other hardware to show up, I thought I’d show the new STM32 board that I bought, to use in the handheld throttle, and probably other things.

It’s a 32 pin package, has an ARM Cortex M4 80mhz processor, 256k flash, and 64k SRAM. All in a package the size of an Arduino Nano, and programmable with the Arduino IDE. For the princely sum of $10 from Digikey. Its shown next to a Pro Micro for size.

Interesting. I wish I understood more about them things. In school we never discussed micro-controllers, but I did have a class on vacuum tube theory.

Cool little board. I did some quick research, looks like you can use Atmel Studio with the Arduino plugin to program these too. Neato.

Martin Sant said:

Cool little board. I did some quick research, looks like you can use Atmel Studio with the Arduino plugin to program these too. Neato.

Yea, I’ve used Atmel Studio with the F091RCs that Ive been playing with. This one is a neat little board for smaller projects. Here’s a demonstration of how much space is on this. I loaded the standard Blink sketch:

Sketch uses 9928 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 262144 bytes.
Global variables use 660 bytes (1%) of dynamic memory, leaving 64876 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 65536 bytes.

That’s a lot of extra space on this thing. Plenty of room for functions, or maybe an OLED screen library.