Large Scale Central

Holiday Trains

If you have a train around your tree (scale does not matter), or your menorah (if you still have it up) post a pic or two here. Also, If you have run your trains on a holiday display layout, post a couple pictures here.

Thanks and happy holidays.

Joe L.

OK Joe … so were is yours ?

I started this one a while ago … https://www.largescalecentral.com/forums/topic/28900/christmas-trains

Not much participation …

It’s not up yet :frowning: Have to clean the house before finishing decorations. I was afraid someone would bring that up. I do have a photo from my club’s holiday display if I can figure out how to post it.

I wish I could change the topic name :frowning:

I’m going to create a thread specifically for holiday train displays, so not to steal your thread idea.

Maybe someone could contact Bob and ask that the (now 3) threads could be combined into one…

Greg

SOP; The OP writes Bob and makes the request.

Greg Elmassian said:

Maybe someone could contact Bob and ask that the (now 3) threads could be combined into one…

Greg

I put a Christmas train together with some cars I had. Used battery powered lights that have a timer to turn off after 6 hours, then back on 18 hours later. Saves fumbling around in the dark. Some old Great Trains F-3’s on battery power are pulling it. My track power Kalamazoo 0-4-0 Christmas loco quit on me.

Another lighter, slower shot.

I do not know how you are attaching your photos, but it never seems to work for you.

I tried attaching from my freight shed and my computer and they both work equally well for me.

I see you are still in KN and not KS!

Joe Zullo said:

I do not know how you are attaching your photos, but it never seems to work for you.

I tried attaching from my freight shed and my computer and they both work equally well for me.

Where is KN?

Tom

Tom Stephens said:

Joe Zullo said:

Where is KN?

Tom

I don’t know where it is either! He is in Kansas. I told him how to correct this error last summer. He never got a “round tuit”!

I held a round tuit once, never thought it’d catch on.(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

AH GUYS, I’m just in my own little world in KN! Thought I had fixed that, but guess not. Okay, left KN for KS.

Jerry Barnes said:

AH GUYS, I’m just in my own little world in KN! Thought I had fixed that, but guess not. Okay, left KN for KS.

Huzzah!

Took the old guy long enough … (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Jerry I’m glad your putting that new railroad to good use… Keep it up !

Reporter for the local paper came by to do an article on the train, gues they may print it, not sure. No address though. Neighbor did tell me people have been stopping by in their cars. Probably too windy today to run it tonight and rain is forecast , so will probably pack it away tomorrow. Been fun though. I usually don’t get into the decorating too much.