• Topic: New EVOLUTION entry level R/C from RCS

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 19, 2018 8:00 PM EDT
    • (Moderator)

•  
      • Thanks

New EVOLUTION entry level R/C from RCS

I guess you could say this post was timely, given the recent discussions of control systems.

Although my main product line is catering for Live Steam R/C, I am making a couple of dedicated DSM2 Digital Proportional Tx hand-pieces just for Battery R/C.

Unlike regular stick radios which work 90º either side of neutral, RCS hand-piece knobs use 150º degrees of speed control, either side of neutral.  That equals much finer speed control.

There are two items in the RCS EVOLUTION range.

The # EVO-BATT is for simple entry level battery R/C.  It can handle 1 x loco for Centre OFF control with three sound triggers.

The other item is # EVO-BATT-DUO.  This allows 2 x Centre OFF control Locos to be operated simultaneously from the one Tx handpiece. Cab "A" & Cab "B" each have 2 x independent sound triggers.

Three Suitable VIPER ESC's from 3 amps @ 12 volts to 12 amps @ 24 volts are a perfect match.

This post was edited by Tony Walsham at July 21, 2018 7:45 AM EDT

Best wishes,
      Tony Walsham

Remote Control Systems. www.rcs-rc.com/
        Modern technology. Old Fashioned reliability

• July 20, 2018 8:58 PM EDT

•  
      • Thanks

Tony,

My garden railroad is not continuous run but operates like a real railroad with station starts/stops, crossing trains and shunting. Therefore what I like about the EVO-BATT is that I can hold it in one hand and can do everything with my thumb without having to look at the transmitter. My thumb will rotate the forward/reverse/throttle knob and also press the sound triggers. My other hand is then free for setting switches, uncoupling, etc.

Oh and my 3 year old granddaughter likes it too......

Regards

Peter Lucas

MyLocoSound  

Forums Vendors and Manufacturers Ads and Announcements Remote Control Systems

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google