Large Scale Central

For Mr Schade and other 7/8th fans

Whilst spending a great day over in near-South Wales at the Accucraft UK bash, I was talking to Simon of ‘Model Earth’ fame. He advised me that he was making a loco crew for 7/8th scale locos. They would be after the style of the ‘Fine Folk’ figures, that is to say, robustly-made semi-realistic ‘characters’ rather than exact replications of the human figure. To reinforce this, he told me that the first engineer figure would be a ‘Texan lady’…the mind boggles.

Watch his ‘Model Earth’ site for news.

tac

OVGRS

Si’s figures are great, I have a number of them. He even has/had a female loco crew made for the 7/8 Quarry Hunslet which I will modify to fit my wife’s Fairymead.

So far all have been limited edition so you need to get them when you hear about them or they’re gone.

He also carries the Talisman range of brass detail parts in 16mm and 7/8 and a fantastic array of small industrial rolling stock, locomotives and accessories. They can be purchased as kits or fully assembled and finished by Si who is a masterful model maker. www.modelearth.net

You can also see more of his work on his blog: modelearthdesign.wordpress.com

usual disclaimer: no connection just a wonderfully satisfied customer

Oops, itchy trigger finger, double post.