Forums Shows and Conventions Conventions, Shows, Clubs and Get-Togethers
  • Topic: ECLSTS IN YORK, PA - 2019

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 25, 2019 11:01 AM EDT
      • Easton , Massachusetts

• Thanks

Lou Luczu said:

Thanks again to those who helped me. Those that did know I could not find the folder I made at home with the track layout timesaver details, and Ric's dice instructions. Good thing I had marked the tracks with masking tape and taken pictures at home so we were able to reassemble.

Anyway, I finally found the folder on my desk between 2 old photo albums! How the gremlins got it there, I have no idea!

Take a pic of this photo and save it on your phone..

My u-tube  My Vimeo

The light in the tunnel might not be an engine , but a light in the caboose of my own train on my Roundy Round Rail Road !    My empire is complete...I think...

• March 25, 2019 11:21 AM EDT
      • East Brunswick, N J RRR#22

• Thanks

That's how we got this together. With a picture I had taken at home.

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own backyard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with." - L. Frank Baum

• March 25, 2019 11:33 AM EDT
      • Easton , Massachusetts

• Thanks

Next year  .... were are you all going to be setup (hall wise ) ?

My u-tube  My Vimeo

The light in the tunnel might not be an engine , but a light in the caboose of my own train on my Roundy Round Rail Road !    My empire is complete...I think...

• March 25, 2019 11:56 AM EDT
      • Right here 'X', Pa

• Thanks

Sean McGillicuddy said:

Next year  .... were are you all going to be setup (hall wise ) ?

More than likely where ever the new facility has an area for him

• March 25, 2019 3:00 PM EDT

• Thanks

Him whom? Not meem!

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own backyard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with." - L. Frank Baum

• March 25, 2019 7:48 PM EDT
      • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

• Thanks

if anyone had warrants out on them they are still safe.

Pheew, thank goodness! And since, for some reason, I only appear in 2 photographs, and in one of them I almost lost in the background........ I think I said too much.

between 2 old photo albums! How the gremlins got it there, I have no idea!

Lou, I know. See, around here, someone "cleans up" from time to time. Then I spend the next week or so, hunting for stuff that I know was "right here" not that long ago.

Shannon car Shops
      Home of the infamous leg lamp

I.A.R.R.R. Member #12

and King Butt Modeler

• March 25, 2019 8:22 PM EDT
      • Defending the State of Exile! ,

• Thanks

Ric Golding said: You'll have a great time even if you never pick up a throttle.  Most of these events are advertised right here on the Events Side Banner and if nothing else, just ask a question.

Ric,

I have asked lots of questions over the years but many have gone unanswered?

HOWEVER ....your comment this past weekend on the USA 55' tankers and how they pushed and pulled at dad's place during one of his ops actually excited me bit!  When he lets me back home I might bring 6 more to add,  along with a real Amtrash consist and then I might possibly pick up the throttle for an ops session.

Good stuff and great conversation this weekend especially with Ken as we always communicate with sign language as we have for many years.

• March 25, 2019 8:24 PM EDT

• Thanks

David Maynard said:

if anyone had warrants out on them they are still safe.

Pheew, thank goodness! And since, for some reason, I only appear in 2 photographs, and in one of them I almost lost in the background........ I think I said too much.

Scroll back

• April 1, 2019 12:04 PM EDT

• Thanks

Timesaver Jr.

I was so inspired by the lecture by Professor Golding on the Timesaver, I took action on the topic of freight cars going to specific industries. I picked up a couple of bottles of water, and as an homage to York, I put up a billboard on one of the buildings, and repainted and lettered the tank cars.

Gone, but not forgotten.

• April 1, 2019 7:06 PM EDT

• Thanks

Lou Luczu said:

I was so inspired by the lecture by Professor Golding on the Timesaver, I took action on the topic of freight cars going to specific industries.

That's awesome Lou but please don't let his mommy know he's really shooting dice while playing with trains. Otherwise he will have to wait till his father gets home and that means we might not see him next year in Maryland.

• April 3, 2019 7:07 AM EDT
      • Southern Illinois

• Thanks

Lou, as always, ignore Rooster.

You've got the right idea with specific cars of distinction (meaning different numbers or distinguishing labeling - by the way great labeling - had no idea it was America's oldest Fair) and dedicated to one industry.  Captive service or only industry using or receiving that type of car.  Do that for 4 or 5 industries and you've got a game.  

Dice are used with a number of the dice assigned to each type of car.  Remember 6's are Box Cars.  1's are no car.  Assign numbers on the dice for the other types of cars, like 2's equals flats, 3's equal gondolas.  Roll the 6 dice or however many you need to represent how many cars you can exchange   The dice numbers determine your manifest. 

And so continues the TIMESAVER or time waster.

Forums Shows and Conventions Conventions, Shows, Clubs and Get-Togethers

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google