Large Scale Central

New addition to the roster

Recently acquired for the railway is this articulated loco. It was bought secondhand and although it was fitted with a Revolution Rx with sound and 18v of batteries in the saddle tank there were no instructions and with no idea of how the previous owner had wired up the install it took a while to sort things out, not helped by my circuit tester giving up half way through! Still, after obtaining a Rev TX and programming it everything is OK, the only concern , not really, is that the volume on the highest setting of the whistle will have neighbours from the next street complaining!

One small addition so far since the picture was taken is the fixing of cords for the bell and whistle, I have used wound guitar strings in the past but as I had some spares I used mandolin strings on this one, much finer.

I am looking forward to getting this loco on the tracks where it will be used as a helper on the steepest grade.

Congrats David,

Would love to see pictures, if you can figure that out.

So would I Ric but the one in the post is the only one taken so far, once I have it on the rails and can figure out re-sizing I will post some.

have just remembered that I have used Microsoft Paint to resize before so will do that in future.

Regards

David

Always love it when some one converts to battery and just cuts away and new owner scratches head to figure out. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)Later RJD

It certainly makes life interesting does’t it?