Large Scale Central

Rustoleum Restore 10x

I came across this product at Lowe’s the other day, and thought it might be useful for indoor or outdoor scenery. It’s a thick paint that can go over wood or concrete, and has a nice texture when it drys. I’m thinking of doing some desert on my indoor layout, and it looks like a good way to do it quickly. Has anyone used it? Below is a photo of the sample board.

Eric, That stuff reminds me of some stuff I used to cover up cracked plaster walls many years ago. It came as a powder in a bag, that you stirred into a gallon of paint. I think the name was “Roll-A-Tex”. It came in 3 textures smooth, med. and heavy. When dry the heavy was rather rough, but it has held up well. Has been repainted, and the repaint, has taken down some of the texture.

I think it would hold up well. Let us know (pics) how it came out.

Dave

I built a backyard water feature many years ago with a 20’ long meandering stream. I used concrete for the stream base. I painted it with a paint I found that was very thick and infused with sand. It lasted 20 years until I tore out the water feature a few years ago. Of course, I can’t remember the brand. Maybe it was special concrete paint for garage floors or something. However, that kind of paint could have a use in the garden railroad.

It’s not very good for restoring somewhat weathered wooden decks. Turns them into severely weathered wooden decks.

I believe the texture is intended to hide surface defects underneath.

Greg