Large Scale Central

Operations for Mac?

I have been away from the list for awhile but getting back into everything.

Has any operations software been developed for a Mac? I know none had been a few years ago.

I use a Mac Ipad and Mac Mini.

Actually the iPad is a different operating system from the Mac, so what runs on one won’t run on the other.

Due to the large difference in computing power, I doubt if you will ever see operations software for the iPad.

The Mac mini will run JMRI, and has for a long time. Many people have switched to JMRI.

Greg

There are a few Excel spreadsheets floating around the interwebs which folks have used to generate switch lists. Here’s a link to a discussion of one that I came across: http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/27714 . Excel works across all platforms, so if you’ve got guest operators with phones or tablets of almost any stripe, they can call up their switch list on their phones as they switch out their industries.

Later,

K

Doug Arnold said:

I have been away from the list for awhile but getting back into everything.

Has any operations software been developed for a Mac? I know none had been a few years ago.

I use a Mac Ipad and Mac Mini.

I too would be interested in software for MacBooks, Mini’s etc. including OS & IOS. I do have MS Office both for OS & IOS but something like RR-Track or operational software would be nice.

in reality, I don’t know if I would use it but I would like to know if it was available.

Currently I would have to dig out old Windows PC’s for RR-Track and MTS.

I MAY HAVE JUST FOUND SOMETHING.

TAKE A LOOK AT

https://www.trainzportal.com/product/view/trainz-simulator-2-mac

I DON’T HAVE TIME TO STUDY IT TODAY BUT IT IS WORTH A LOOK!

Hi Doug,

That’s funny. I have Trainz Simulator 2 on my iPads but I had forgotten I had it.

i also have WiThrottle but they have both been on the iPads a long time and I can’t remember if I’ve ever even tried them - or what they do.

Thanks for starting the topic.

Jerry

Doug that software looks more like a game than a program to run operations on your layout.

But apparently you can design your own layout, but I would think you want switch lists, etc.

Greg

Trainz is a simulator program… The program also allows you to develop/build your our own layout if one so desires…

I have Trainz 10, Trainz 12 and Trainz A New Era… They have just come out with Trainz 2019

Well shucks you guys!