Large Scale Central

Amazing 1/12th scale groceries

A couple weeks ago Cris and I went to the annual miniatures show. This is almost entirely dollhouse stuff, usually in 1/12th scale but there are a few 1/24th and 1/48th scale items too. Occasionally I find something I can use, but even if I don’t it’s still interesting.

Anyway, there was on lady there who makes incredibly realistic breads, fruits, and vegetables out of poly clay. These items are realistic inside and out – you can cut them up and the interior looks just a real as the exterior. The breads even have the prototypically correct voids depending on the type of bread! You can peel the skin off the avocados and remove the pit. You can chop up the cabbage like the real thing, or peel the potatoes. It was all made by hand, and all very, very impressive.

I was able to get a few photos, though no real close ups:

I forgot to mention that the lady who makes these is Pat Richmond, of Twinheart Miniatures.

Holy cow there’s two of you …

LOL!

Did you sweet talk her into doing them in G-Scale?

I call bulls*** on Ray. That is real food photo-shopped into miniature containers… Surprised at you guys getting suckered in by the old “I met a lady who makes amazing miniatures…” routine. You can’t fool us Ray…we’ve been had by professionals!!!

You all remember the great “this is my real” picture stunt BD pulled a few years back.

Not to mention this gem from Hollywood. Like anyone would really build a BL-2!!! The fake dinner table is a nice touch but has anyone actually seen this thing run?

(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Did you get some veggies? You can make a garden of world record vegetables and suprise everyone!