Large Scale Central

Anyone make steam loco air pumps, single?

I’ve been checking around and I cannot find anyone that offers single stage steam locomotive air pump. Evidently Trackside Details is no longer in the picture, (I liked their stuff), Bachmann parts, … nothing. Can’t find one at Ozark. Am I missing something?

Thanks, Dennis

From what I understand, Trackside Details is revamping their website. You might want to call them.

Precision Scale Models

Is that what your looking for. Its 1:24 which could fudge for most all if your not two picky.

Accucraft E Store. https://www.accucraftestore.com/parts-1

Ken Brunt said:

From what I understand, Trackside Details is revamping their website. You might want to call them.

Ken is correct

http://www.largescalecentral.com/forums/topic/26470/trackside-details-web-site

Thank you for that info. I use Trackside Details allot and have missed them. Paul

Dennis,

Ozark:

http://www.ozarkminiatures.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=240

Wow. Thanks everyone. Don’t know how I missed Precision Scale. Accucraft shows out of stock, but their other items seem expensive. John, I looked closely at Ozark, but scanned the diagrams as I went. Must’a went right by the pump shown, “in pieces,” as a kit. I’ll also watch for the return of Trackside Details, in whatever form it returns. I think I’ll get the pump from Ozark as I need other stuff there at the same time. And if I want to drill indents for piping, white metal ought to be softer than brass, (and cheaper).

Dennis

Dennis use a little bees wax as a drill lube, white metal can be sticky in bits.

John

The real question is, “What are you working on?” We all want to know and see pictures.

And you can make your own…

Dennis, I understand that Trackside is still in business, give him a call. The old website site provider was a butted, didn’t maintain it as per contract, and now it has to be rebuilt in a new arena.

Dennis,

I have a couple Ozark pumps. would you like a pic to see if that is what you want?

John, thank you for the photo offer. However, right after I replied here earlier, I placed an order with Ozark. I needed a few other things anyway and I suspect their pump will build into something decent. Also, Steve, I’ll keep Trackside in mind. I had ordered from them before and liked their stuff. Seems they were the ones that offered a, “fire-fighting,” hose reel that I got. But I might wait a bit to call them; when I get my next allowance, (G).

I will say the pumps Brice made, (and kindly posted photos here), are really nice. Thank you, Bruce, for the pictures.

Now as for Chuck, I have to keep everything secret. … (Not actually, but I’m really not doing anything fancy - must getting a couple things back in shape. Not good enough yet to photograph either)

Dennis

Dennis

Larry’s G scale makes a firefighting hose and reel, but they are out of stock. I have never seen one at Trackside Details.

Well Dennis, what ever you’re building just make sure you bring it to the next club meeting in February so we can all see what you’re doing.