Large Scale Central

removal of boiler weight in an LGB mogul?

I am wanting to remove the lead boiler weight in my 2019 mogul to make room for the battery. I cannot see an easy way to do this, there is a post blocking removal from the rear of the boiler and the silver smoke box looks to be permantly attached to the black boiler section, or atleast I cannot get them to seperate. I would rather put the batteries in there and let them be weight than being drug around in the tender. Also does away with needing a tether to the tender. Pulling power does suffer a bit, but I run short trains so its a non issue. Anybody gotten the boiler and smoke box apart on one of these before? Mike

There is a screw from bellow the smoke stack that has to be removed for the boiler assembly to be removed with the cab.

I didnt see any screw that I could access to seperate the smoke box from the main boiler. I took a keyhole saw and removed the internal mount for the weight and slide the lead weight out the back of the boiler. Its all back together now with onboard battery. Mike